starting strength gym
Page 89 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast

Thread: Here Comes Hercules.

Vince reminds me of Lamar Gant when he deadlifts in the way his upper body looks like it compresses. But Lamar had scoliosis that also shortened when he lifted.

First ever 5x Bodyweight Deadlift (with Scoliosis) - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Fred J View Post
    Vince reminds me of Lamar Gant when he deadlifts in the way his upper body looks like it compresses. But Lamar had scoliosis that also shortened when he lifted.

First ever 5x Bodyweight Deadlift (with Scoliosis) - YouTube

very impressive. I don't have scoliosis but I have had increasing trouble looking very far forward when deadlifting. We've speculated that it may have something to do with what we all thought was a minor injury to my neck and shoulders while doing an auxiliary exercise to help my bench. It's probably as much to do with the fact that I'm approaching 75. But we do not know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    very impressive. I don't have scoliosis but I have had increasing trouble looking very far forward when deadlifting. We've speculated that it may have something to do with what we all thought was a minor injury to my neck and shoulders while doing an auxiliary exercise to help my bench. It's probably as much to do with the fact that I'm approaching 75. But we do not know for sure.

Whatever your trouble I hope you can get it under control and return to your lifting as you want to.

Finally, back in the gym. I did fiddle around in an Anytime Gym of which I'm a member. Just a few overhead presses, deadlifts, and some time on the treadmill but that was only so I wouldn't forget how to move. Here's the real report.

Squat: 70 x 5 (paused); 160 x 3; 200 x 1; 212.5 x 3; 190 x 5
    Press: 45 x 5; 65 x 3l 85 x 1; 97 x 2; 74 x 8 x 2
    Dead: 135 x 3; 225 x 2; 295 x 1; 305 x 1; 275 x 3 I lifted these using the narrow foot stance. My heals were about 2" apart. Then with frog legs. These seemed to help me keep hips slightly lower and I engaged to push more.

All in all, I was surprised how easy the session went. I expected the lay offs to make coming back a bit tougher. Onward and upward.

Now we face another Covid scare. Hells bells. At least we plan to remain open but must wear masks and get tested again. Hells Bells!! (Does anyone know what the expression means?)

I'm thinking that the expression originate earlier but you have at least shown me what group liked to scream rather than sing. How can one be both AC and DC. What would Tesla think?

Carson you a funny man...haha!

starting strength coach development program
    Tesla would have chuckled to the heart of his Slavic soul.