starting strength gym
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Geoff's youngish-old-guy Intermediate Training Log, v1.0

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Yeah, they are actual Starting Strength stickers. I believe the other one is for female lifters.

Club Sticker - Are you in the Club? | The Aasgaard Company

And on the subject of the marathon stickers, I saw some at a store the other day and told my wife she needed to run a marathon and she replied, “I need one that says 26.No.” She has great comedic timing, so she keeps me laughing with her witticisms.

Dude, that's funny.

Only 26.2 I did was the Bataan Death March. Don't expect to do any more of them like ever. When I see 26.2 stickers, I think, "I bet I could eat the driver of that car and still need more protein for the day."

4day TM: SUSPENDED

Meet Week Protocols, Day 1: Openers Day

Life context: All three kids and wife barfing and pooing their brains out. Only I am unscathed so far, but my body temp feels high. Lord, please no. Not this week, please!

Squat: 408x0, 408x1 Successful rep at YouTube

The missed rep: I had the safety arms set where I always set them at my home gym, but 408 squishes me down more than my volume weight. So I struck the arms and couldn't recover, nearly wrecked. Second try went fine, but it's a 5 second ascent. Waiting on coach feedback to see, not if I reduce the opener, but how much.

Press: 218x1x2 Video of second single at YouTube

Good weight choice. This felt well-greased. 3-second concentric.

DL: 463x1 Video at USSF NATS meet week. Openers day. DL: 463*1 - YouTube

Ugh. This was a 7-second grind with a pause at the knee. In slow motion, the bar appears to drop slightly at the knee, which would be red lights if the judges' eyes are that sharp. Why was this so hard? Reason 1: This is a non-regulation bar, which causes me to grip 2+ inches wider than my sweet spot. 2 inches? Does that even matter? HECK YES! Especially at near-limit weight. Reason 2: ? Perhaps I am indeed a bit under the weather? Awaiting coach feedback via email to see if I need to reduce this.

So ... I got my openers up, but showed that probably 2 of the opener choices are too heavy. Kind of a mixed bag of a day. Nevertheless, SDG.

Wow, nice singles!

I think you've got the right idea with squats. 408 seems like it might be a good 2nd attempt, perhaps even just a bit lower than your 3rd attempt. Listen to your coach ofc, but I'd bet that he/she tells you to go with 380-385 as your opener.

Didn't know that nationals were so soon! Good luck, man! I hope you hit some big PRs.

4day TM: SUSPENDED

Meet Week Protocols, Day 2: Back-off Day

Yep Devyn, scaled my squat opener back 13 lbs and deadlift back 11 lbs.

Today:

Squat: 315x2x2

Press: 185x2x2

So run down! These felt way heavier than expected. But I remember now, I felt this way Wednesday of meet week before FC too. Coach says it's a common thing.

Be rooting for ya from NC, tomorrow! Good luck brother! Hopefully you’re firing on all cylinders and pull that 500!

I'll be watching as much of the live stream as I can tomorrow. Get it Geoff!

Good luck, Geoff!

Unable to watch the whole thing but just saw your 100 kilo press. Solid!

starting strength coach development program
    I managed to catch a lot of the pressing this afternoon, but missed you! Got to catch Chase's press though. What a monster! When it's posted, I plan to watch it back for the highlights. Can't wait to see how your lifts went!

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast