starting strength gym

Thread: Amazonian Goes Intermediate

Default Amazonian Goes Intermediate

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    02/02/2019

After finally stalling out on a SS novice program, I'm switching to intermediate for the first time - specifically HLM.

Sex: Female
    Height: 6'0"
    Weight: 205 lbs

Final lifts on LP:

Squat: 240x3x5
    Bench: TBD...but probably b/t 110-115x3x5
    Deadlift: 295x3x2
    OHP: 82.5x3x5

Today actually marks my second week of HLM (for squats and deadlifts only), so here are my achievements to date:

Squat: 250x3
    Deadlift: 300x3
    Bench: 107.5x3x5

Since I'm now on the fluffy side, I am planning on cutting calories next week (my waist is a chunky 38.5"). I currently consume 3400 calories and it's definitely gotten me far on LP, which I'm excited about, but I'm not too keen on getting heavier. I'm thinking about dropping to 195 lbs, reevaluating, and maybe one day getting back down to 185, which is where I was before I ever starting lifting seriously.

Bring on the heavy weights!
    Last edited by Caitlin Lyon; 02-07-2019 at 12:20 PM.

As you know you are already a strong young lady. Both your squats and Deads are heavier than mine when I switched to intermediate. You have a great future.

Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    As you know you are already a strong young lady. Both your squats and Deads are heavier than mine when I switched to intermediate. You have a great future.
    Thanks Carson, I appreciate it. Hopefully I can keep it up while I try to lean up a bit.

02/04/2019

Squat: 240x3x4
    Press: 75x3x6
    SLDL: 190x5x3

Had a great medium day; it was easy to tell from that first set of squats that it was just the right weight - not too light, not too heavy. I decided to go ahead and do HLM volume work with press even though my bench is still hanging out on LP for awhile longer. Looking forward to another squat PR on Thursday!

It looks like the top weight class for females in USSF is 90kg+ (198). I think you would do very well in the 90kg class!

Check out the most recent results:
    http://results.usstrengthlifting.com...mpionship.html

Caitlin,

Are you planning on going to the USSF April 27 challenge in Evanston? How about the USSF Fall Classic the last Saturday of October? Both are held in the Kratos gym in Evanston and sponsored by the Chicago Strength and Conditioning gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean McAnally View Post
    It looks like the top weight class for females in USSF is 90kg+ (198). I think you would do very well in the 90kg class!

Check out the most recent results:
    http://results.usstrengthlifting.com...mpionship.html
    Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    Caitlin,

Are you planning on going to the USSF April 27 challenge in Evanston? How about the USSF Fall Classic the last Saturday of October? Both are held in the Kratos gym in Evanston and sponsored by the Chicago Strength and Conditioning gym.
    I am flattered by both of your suggestions. As a full-time nursing student with a job and without a car, I am limited in multiple ways. Lifting is relief from coursework for me at this time, but hopefully in the future it can become more of a priority. I would love to compete, but I don't see it in my near future for these reasons. My primary aim right now is to achieve my BSN.

02/07/2019

Squat: 255x3, 235x3x4
    Pause Bench: 105x3x4

As you might notice, I've cut down my workout. Going from 3 days a week to 5 days a week has been an idea sitting in the back of my mind for some time now. The idea of a short workout is just so tempting, and gives me wiggle room for some other exercises I might like to add in just for fun.
    I was very excited about today's 255; and even more so for my upcoming 260. Bench continues to go well; I'm really hoping I can bench a plate for the first time sometime soon.

starting strength coach development program
    Where did you go? What happened?