starting strength gym

Thread: Getting Stronger in The 18's

Post Getting Stronger in The 18's

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Okay so I have been training on and off for a while follow different programs and right now running the Starting Strength program, currently on phase 2. I began about a month ago with SS and followed another program before. I am using kg's since I live in Europe but will convert and round up to pounds for you to understand. I am 18 years old. Height is 5"10 and weight around 176 lbs (I won't weight myself due to past disorders)

I dont know my 5 RMs but the weights I am doing 5 reps on right now are:

Squat: 200 lbs
    Bench Press: 165 lbs
    Deadlifts: 255 lbs
    Press: 97 lbs
    Power Clean: 110 lbs

I will train 3 days a week and try to milk out the program and get strong AF.

LETS GO!

Today's workout:

Squat 200 lbs
    Bench Press 163 lbs
    Deadlifts 255 lbs

Tried lifting belt for the first time for a very long time and felt really good, especially on the deadlifts. Got a little uncomfortable on the squats but I think it was wrong placed.

Welcome. Good to see a young man at work.

How wide is your belt. I'm 5'9" and don't have trouble with my 4" belt. Maybe I just got used to it.

Keep up the good work. This really is the best program around.

Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    Welcome. Good to see a young man at work.

How wide is your belt. I'm 5'9" and don't have trouble with my 4" belt. Maybe I just got used to it.

Keep up the good work. This really is the best program around.
    Thank you. It is 4" but I believe it was too far down on my abdominals during my squats. On the deadlifts it felt amazing. I tend to be pretty weak on the squats but lets see how much this program can increase my squats!

Tuesday

Squat - 204 lbs
    Press - 99 lbs
    Power Clean - 115 lbs

Squat and press felt really heavy, especially the press. I will probably stay at ~100 lbs in my press to get a better form, because the last reps were slow AF.

Sunday
    Squat 210 lbs
    Bench Press 160 lbs
    Deadlift 265 lbs

Squat was really heavy which means that I am going to stay at this weight for form improvement.

starting strength coach development program
    Is there something badly wrong with your form that you're working on, brother?

"It's heavy" isn't a valid reason not to add weight. It's odd, perhaps, that it feels "heavy" only a few workouts in; hard to say why without a video or without a written log of your initial titrating workout. But every squat day was heavy on my LP, all the way to 370. And every squat day has been heavy on my friend Tim's LP, all the way up to 275 (so far).

Sometimes video helps another way: If it feels "heavy" but you can see yourself in the video and the UP portion of the squat only takes like 1.2 seconds, your feelings are wrong, and the video is right (in that case, the video would be telling you "that's not heavy").

Happy lifting!