Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: I am Ed's 4 Day HL Log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    8/15/2019

Press - 137.5x3x5
    Bench - 200x3x5

Heavy day on the press. I think I might have mildly strained a muscle in my left trap, as not its aching and turning my head to the left is giving me pain. It seemed to have started after my first rep on the press. I am wondering if should have stopped but it wasn't really interfering too much with the lift. I would feel it after lifting. It also didn't seem to interfere with the bench. I'll pay attention to it.

8/16/2019

Squat - 255x3x5
    Deadlift - 345x1x5

Heavy day on deadlift. Squat didn't give me trouble but didn't feel easy either but that might have more to do with limiting rest and not using a belt on the light day. Deadlift another relatively strong pass. Not using the belt seems like the correct way to go until I get a bigger belt. I was tempted to take a larger leap, but as I'm making progress so I don't really want to rush too much into getting stuck so I'll let it ride.

8/20/2019

Bench - 230x3x3
    Press - 125x5x3

Heavy day on bench. I was a little disappointed on the bench as I was nearly failing on the 3rd rep each time. I would have thought I would have put on 15 lbs over my 5 rep before I would be looking at a complete grind. Started working on the bar speed method on the press of doing 5x3 with under 2 minutes rest for the light day.

8/21/2019

Squat - 325x3x3
    RDL - 205x3x5
    Chinup - Green band 6,5,4

Third reps on the squats were difficult, but in a different way than the grind of the 5th rep of sets of 5. Not as exhausting but more digging deep. RDL was still pretty easy so I'll do another 20 lbs jump next time. Added chinups into this day.

8/23/2019

Press - 140x3x5
    Bench - 200x5x3

Heavy day on press. Passed the weight that I had failed at three times previously where I hadn't even got 5 reps so was very happy about that, and it was a pretty strong pass, where last rep was slow but wasn't a grind. With bench started doing the bar speed workout of 5x3 where the rests were kept under 2 minutes. Bar speed wasn't all that fast so I guess it's good I'm working on it.

8/24/2019

Squat - 255x5x3
    Deadlift - 350x1x5

Heavy day on the deadlift. Squat I was doing the focus on bar speed, limiting rest to under 2 minutes. Like the bench bar speed wasn't all that great so I have room to improve. Deadlift was a big grind. Considering how I felt relatively good at 345 last time, I'm surprised how much trouble the last rep gave me. Glad I didn't take a bigger jump.

8/26/2019
    Weight: 208.1

Bench - 235 3,2,1 *failed on second set, moving to singles
    Press - 125x5x3

Heavy day on the bench. A little disappointed since I hit the weight on the first set. But I guess I'm doing initial establishment of my triples and singles. On the press I was starting to see good bar speed on the bar speed work out. One thing though is that looking at my body weight, I haven't really gained anything for probably three weeks. It's not like I'm skipping meals. I'm eating until I feel sick and my calories approach 4k per day and I'm getting over 200g of protein. I'm wondering if I need to try GOMAD or something.

8/27/2019

Squat - 330x3x3
    RDL - 225x3x5
    Chinup - greenband 6,5,5

Heavy day on squat. Last rep on each set was pretty darn slow and grindy. Felt kinda light headed following last rep on my last set. The top of my left quad right around the hip feels a little weird, not like a strain but like it was starting to feel weak. Need to pay attention to it. RDL went well and I'm going to do another 20 lbs bump due to how easy it felt. I'm glad my chin up went up a little in reps but considering I'm using a band assist I'm not happy with how weak I am at it.

Quote Originally Posted by EdPurvee View Post
    Felt kinda light headed following last rep on my last set.
    How long are you resting between sets?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brophy View Post
    How long are you resting between sets?
    I was actually doing 9 minute rests.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast