HBSQ w/belt 280×5×3
    Press w/o belt 170×5×5
    Wtd Chins 20×5×3, BW×5

Session start: 0400
    Session end: 0630
    Q1: Rest Periods ~ 3m LBSQ, 5m OHP, 3m DL
    Q2: Weight Jumps ~ new rep & set scheme
    Q3: Sleep & calories ~ 5h / 3,000cal
    SQ Notes: Saved the low back once again with the high bar. Mildly tempoed these instead of banging em' out.
    1st set @<6 --> 3rd set @6
    Perfect form, crisp bar speed, & helped loosen me up.
    OHP Notes: Murdered these. Bar speed got faster and faster as for sets 2-4. Slowed up mildly on the 5th set.
    1st set @7 --> 5th set @7.5
    Chins: Took a video and im locking out at the elbow but it looks like an overhead bicep curl. On the BW set i actually dead hanged in between and had a good 3s struggle to get my chin over @6. Will switch these to BW×3sets since i felt a lot more back involvement with the latter.
    Misc: St. Pattys Day yesterday... total booze fest. My stomach was not happy with me drinking that much with the platoon and walking up @0300 but Bill Starrs hangover article is gold.

20200320 HLM
    Med Stress Day C1W2D2 (~70%×20rep)
    LBSQ w/belt 325×5×4
    Spoto Press 245×5×4
    1" Deficit DL w/straps 345×5×4

Session start: 0410
    Session end: 0520
    Q1: Rest Periods ~ 4m LBSQ, 3-4m Spoto, 3m DL
    Q3: Sleep & calories ~ 6h / 3,000cal
    SQ Notes: Perfect form and reps were all grooved well with crisp bar speed. Felt i was working but left some room. 1st set @6 --> 5th set @6.5-7
    Spoto Notes: Killed these. Felt really in contol and smooth every set. Really tried to squeeze the life out of my chesticles, and tris. 1st set @<6 --> 5th set @6.5
    Deficit Pulls: Didnt feel as much in the quads today. But i definitely felt as though i was working.
    HLM is helping me keep up better on all the running and rucking. I dont particularly care that much but it is nice to not have to hear the speech about how the medic should lead from the front on runs. Everybody wants to bitch when i cant hold a 7m pace for a 3 miler of an 8m pace on 5+ miles. But the moment we practice carrying simulated casualties or finish heavy rucks and i got gas left in the tank everyone is mystified and wants my advice. Hoah i guess.

20200323 HLM
    Heavy C1W3 (85% ~15-20 reps)
    LBSQ 395×3×4, 395×2
    BP 305×3×6
    DL 475×HS

Q1: Rest Periods ~ 5m LBSQ, 5-8m BP, 8m DL
    SQ Notes: PR for sets across. May have to split these heavy sessions up because 8m rest periods cut close to when i have to go do PT.
    Set 1@8 --> Set 5@10
    BP Notes: Very happy with another sets across PR. Grooved all sets very well.
    Set 1@8.5 --> Set 6@9.5
    DL Notes: Hands still covered in blood blisters. While tiny they definitely disincentive me pulling for volume. Pulled a HS to get some kind of work. I think i can pull 495 if i leave nothing in the tank

Light C1W3 (65%×3 sets ~15 reps)
    HBSQ 300×3×5
    Press 187×3×5
    Chin Up BW×9×2, BW×8

Q1: Rest Periods ~ 3m HBSQ, 5-8m OHP, 3m Chins
    SQ Notes: Light squats were light
    1st set @<6 --> 5th set @6
    Press Notes: Pretty solid
    1st set @7.5 --> 5th set @10
    Chins: BW was a better choice for now as opposed to weighted chins.

HLM 3 week strength cycle
    W1D1
    LBSQ w/belt 370x5x6
    BP 280x5x7
    DL w/ 2ct Pause @1" 350x5x3

W1D2
    HBSQ 260x5x3
    Medium Height Pin Press 253x5x3
    Chin Ups Bw x10, Bw x8x4

W1D3
    Paused LBSQ 330x5x5
    Spoto Press 270x5x3
    Deadlift 395x5x3
    Pendlay Rows 165x8x3

Notes: Poorly organized/ spread volume across the High/ Low/ and Medium stress sessions. Will reorganize future weeks so that all the higher stress (lifts,sets,reps) is not on the same session. Following sessions will be:
    Monday) High Stress: Squats, Medium Stress: Bench, Low Stress: Deadlift, Squat Assistance: Chin Ups **I know wtf rt?, I round in the upper back as I get into the mid 400s
    Wednesday) Light Session: Squats (non-overloading), High Stress: Bench, Bench Assistance: Press
    Friday) Medium Stress: Squats, Low Stress: Bench, High Stress: Deadlift, Deadlift Assistance: Pendlay Row

HLM 3 week cycle
    W2D1
    [H] LBSQ 385x4x5
    [M] Spoto Press 281x4x3
    [M] Paused DL 355x4x3
    [Asst.] Chin Ups Bw x 9/8/5/6/5
    1/4 mi x 2 @sub 2:00

Squat Notes: Patellar tendonitis not as much of an issue as usual. I can probably attribute my joints feeling better to the lack of 20 plus miles a week in PRT running. Im rewatching my sets while typing and I will need to improve staying balanced on my mid foot. Bar path was shifting forward on the way up; I will probably use tempo squats next 3 week cycle to improve that (thank you barbell logic YT videos). 1st set's bar speed was @7 RPE and I subjectively rated the set at about 2RIR which puts me right about the % I wanted to be working at. Last set's bar speed was @8 RPE with a 2RIR subjective rating. The difference between sets was very apparent as the latter set was more efficient but slower due to fatigue.
    Spoto Press Notes: Very happy with the Spoto Press so far. Not sure as to whether this is really training a weak point since I am able to handle loads with similar bar speeds to my TNG Bench. 1st sets bar speed was @7 RPE with a 4RIR subjective rating. Last set's bar speed was @8 RPE with a 3RIR subjective rating. Today I was working a little heavier than I had planned according to the RPE chart but I don't really want to tie my programming to RPE as much as I just enjoy the feedback it gives.
    Paused DL Notes: These are harder than shit. Definetly a solid choice to improve my bottom position because they kick my ass and I can still recover. Will not bother examining bar speed because the 2ct pause and inch off the floor makes everything after super slow
    1/4 mile repeats: Worked on keeping good running form and being as efficient as possible.

HLM 3 week cycle
    W2D2
    [L] HBSQ 270x4x3
    [H] BP 295x4x4
    [Asst] Press 165x8x3

Squat Notes: Programmed these to not overload/ contribute to the weeks fatigue. Each set felt a little bit better than the last and bar speed actually improved so I'm pleased.
    Bench Notes: Felt very powerful today. Took 8m rest periods to make sure that I could give maximum effort to my High Stress sets for the week. 1st set) a little misgrooved on the second rep.// Bar Speed: 7-8; Last rep was slower than what proceeded it// RIR: 2-3. --> 4th set) Solid form despite increasing fatigue// Bar speed: 9; Last rep had a clear sticking point in the mid range with lower speed past it// RIR: Maybe 1. The weight I picked was based off of my training log; I was looking for a little technical breakdown here and there and RPE's/ RIR's putting me at a relative intensity +/-82%.
    Press Notes: I want to continue to include the Press since it is a staple of PPST3 programming. Took a page out of the split routine where I work high intensity on bench and volume on the Press. I know that it's not a carbon copy straight off the page but I was pleased with the weight I picked for the sets and reps. Will continue to utilize the Press on Wednesday's after the bench.

HLM 3 week cycle
    W2D3
    [M] Paused LBSQ 340x4x3
    [L] Medium Pin Press 260x4x3
    [H] DL 405x4x2
    [Asst.] Pendlay Row 155x8x4

Squat Notes: (1st set) Notes: Inconsistant pauses in the hole. Cervical extension on reps 3-5 // Bar Speed:7 modest slowdown on the concentric phase after the pause // RIR: 2-3 (2nd set) Bar Speed: 7 modest slowdown on the concentric phase after the pause// RIR: 2-3 (3rd set) Improved form on all reps. //Bar Speed: 8 significant slowdown on the concentric phase after the pause // RIR: 2 Rest Periods: 5m
    Pin Press Notes: (All sets) Notes: Great form and pacing of the eccentric phase. // RPE: 6 - no discernable slowdown between reps// RIR: 4+ Rest Period: 3m
    Deadlift Notes: (1st set) Notes: Poor back angle on every rep. No lumbar flexion but there was modest thoracic spine flexion // RPE: 7 modest bar speed slowdown on last rep // RIR: 3 (2nd set) Notes: In an attempt to better my back angle I put my C-spine in extension. This not only did not improved my t-spine rounding but has currently given me some decent neck pain // RPE: 8 moderate bar speed slow down // RIR: 1-2 Grip is still the biggest limiting factor for deadlift Rest Period: >5m
    Pendlay Notes: Nothing really of note. Was completely torched by that point and just wanted to get them done
    Last edited by Notyouravgdoc; 04-10-2020 at 10:54 AM.

20200413 HLM
    [H] LBSQ 430x3, 390x3x2
    [H] BP 326x2, 295x3, 305x3
    [Asst] Front Squat 155x6x5
    [Asst] Chin Ups BWx6x4, BWx5
    1/2 mi run

Squat Notes: 430 is an all time 3RM PR which is cause for celebration! My upper back continues to be an issue as I approach weights over 90%. I feel as though my set up is as tight as it could be with my current back thickness and mobility. Despite the set up seemingly being solid I still have issues; ive had a habit of taping every set for form and RPE/RIR purposes and cant see the bar deviate over the ball of my foot. Will use Front Squats, and Chin Ups to add mass to the upper back and hopefully strengthen my postural strength near lockout.

Bench Notes: I think I failed 326 due to an absence of >90% work in awhile and accumulating to much volume while ramping up. I hit a triple at 295, and 305 with very solid speed. Took my 8 minute rest and attempted 326 just to get pinned 3-4"s off my chest on the last rep. Since I failed I had some trouble with the back off work since it was supposed to be 5% off my top set (10% for the lower body lifts). Hit a set at 295 and 305 again looking for something challenging and just called it so I would not overdue the session. I will change my assistance lifts after this week to focus more on the bottom of the bench press.

Front Squats: I just did these to get some extra work on the upper back and quads. Not terribly concerned about recovery with these since my lack of flexibility and wrist pain limited me to about 30% of 1RM.

Chin Ups: Extra work for the upper back. Really tried to feel the stretch with these on every rep.
    Last edited by Notyouravgdoc; 04-14-2020 at 10:40 AM. Reason: correcting poor grammer

20200415 HLM
    [L] HBSQ 295×3×3
    [L] Mid Pin Press 285×3×2
    [H] DL 460×1
    [Asst] Goodmornings 135×6×5
    1mi Run

HBSQ notes: Had some decent patellar tendinopathy bi laterally today. Made the eccentric pretty uncomfortable and made coming out of the hole slow. However bar speed was still crisp and i felt/was better as the reps piled up.

Pin Press notes: Had problem with scapular retraction and depression today. Bar speed was still pretty solid and I didnt have any problem with the weight i picked.

Deadlift notes: Holy fuck i scheduled 460 for a triple and that bar was welded to my garage floor. I thought reorganizing the week to have my heavy deadlift on a light squat/ bench day would allow a big PR. in the long run i believe it will but today i got screwed.

Good Mornings: Went pretty light because ive always had trouble with the form/ keeping the bar in the right spot. I felt a good stretch in the old hammies on the first two sets. However after that i just felt it in the low back. Cant really tell based off the film if anything changed so its a mystery for now.

1 mile run notes: Running sucks and I hate it..... that is all

starting strength coach development program
    20200417 HLM
    [M] Paused LBSQ 360x3x2
    [M] Spoto Press 285x3x3
    [M] Paused Deadlifts 355x3x3
    [Asst] Press 170x6x4
    [Asst] Dips BWx10-15x4

Paused Squat: (1st set) Notes: Farting on reps 1&3 made standing up a real bitch. // RPE: 7 - bar speed was modestly slower on the 3rd rep than the first 2. // RIR: 2. (2nd set) Notes: Not shitting myself made things a lot easier // RPE: 7- modest slowdown on last rep // RIR: 2-3. All things considered these were pretty solid considering the recent inclusion of assistance exercises within the 3 day full body HLM routine. Will trade these out for Pin Squats starting next week and probably circle back around to these later.

Spoto Press: (1st set) Notes: bar was hopping around a little bit in the hole. // RPE: 7 -modest slowdown on last rep// RIR: 3-4. (2nd set) Notes: improved the pause in the bottom // RPE: 8 -moderate/ noticeable slowdown on last rep// RIR: 2-3. (3rd set) Notes: still bouncing up and down on the first rep// RPE: 8 -modest noticeable slowdown on last rep // RIR: 2-3.

Paused Deadlifts: These felt very solid. Used by Deadlift bar to speed up the transitions between exercises

Press: Very surprised I could still put up 170 for such volume after the Spoto Press.

Dips: They were done.... nothing really of note just some basic army calisthenics

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast