starting strength gym
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Geoff's Late Intermediate Log v1.0

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Ha! I wish it was a more meaningful rep range but I gotta take what I can ...

Just getting by ...

Deadlift: 395x5, 365x5

Felt more like 695 ... it's like working out in the stream of a blowdryer right now.

T-Bar Rows: 45x10, 70x10, 90x10, 115x10x3

Dumbbell stuff: Hammer Curl Density, Triceps Overhead

The dumbbell stuff felt good on my elbows after the bit of tendinitis I built up in WA.

Today's session put the seed of a programming idea in my head. I won't mention it explicitly yet until it's fleshed out.

Still just getting by ...

Squat: 365x3x3

Deadlift 395x3x2

Still getting by ...

Squat: 375x1

Bench: 225x18

Still so sluggish right now. And though I'm getting adequate sleep and food, I feel sore and tired all the time.

I have a suspicion. Tim reported similar when he got back from Texas awhile back, and we were in close contact on numerous occasions. Then when I went to WA, Tim reported from AZ that he was desperately ill. I now think I've got whatever Tim had, and that I'm just in the tired-and-sore stage.

Since I go on Army duty tomorrow, I'm required to report this, and they're probably going to give me a mandatory Rona test. More to follow.

Hope you don't have the Rona brother!
    We have had a decent amount of cases here and work and those that were symptomatic did report sluggishness.

Still getting by ...

Squat 280x5x3

Press 95x20, 12, 8; 150x5

Because reasons.

Deadlift 300x5

So ... NOT the Rona, according to the test I took. And I'm no longer sharting or getting dizzy when I stand for longer than 5 minutes so I've got that going for me. Guess I'm just a weak pu$$y.

Finally getting coached

So I finally got a coach, maybe he can fix what's broken.

Test Workout

Squat: 315x5

Press: 175x5

Bench: 265x5

Deadlift: 365x5

The assignment was a set of fahve at RPE8; these got close. But my form has drifted something fierce. Coach feedback summary: Squats were a couple inches high, but otherwise nearly model-perfect. Press and bench looked good. Deadlift, I've started conflating steps 4 and 5 of set-up, and my eye-gaze is everywhere. LP is coming my way, and at lighter weights than expected.

Comeback LP, W1D1 (Conducted Sunday Aug 9)

Squat: 275x5x3

Depth is under control at this weight. Side benefit: Some quad pain that's been lingering has now greatly diminished, by reaching correct depth.

Press: 175x5x3

Mechanically good, but my press strength has flagged, and set 3 was RPE 9+. We're dropping weight off of this one to work back up.

Deadlift: 275x5

Took a whole plate off of this. That's a hard pill to swallow. But there's now a clear delineation between step 4 and 5 of setup, and eye gaze is normalized. Now, it appears I'm pulling *behind* mid-foot on these. Higher loads will prevent that by necessity, but that's something to work on.

Nice work and glad you're not ailing of the Rona!

Who is your coach?

Mike, it's a guy who has written articles for this website before, and has a lot of valuable experience. But he works for the competition now (BLOC), so I probably shouldn't mention him here.

Comeback LP, W1D2

Squat: 285x5x3

Bench: 250x5x3

Deadlift: 285x5

Really doing a form clinic on these. The loads are not painfully heavy, but the squats are heavier than expected, leading me to believe that I really have been cheating depth for awhile. Filming keeps me honest.

starting strength coach development program
    Comeback LP, W1D3 (Conducted 14 Aug)

Squat: 295x5x3

Press: 155x5x3

Deadlift: 295x5

Form is really dialing in. Squat feels like RPE 8+, but video looks more like RPE 5+; I'm out of practice and need more volume at these weights. Press is getting back in stride; I felt really dominant at 155.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast