starting strength gym
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Geoff's Late Intermediate Log v1.0

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    By now you should have had surgery. Praying for a smooth and strong recovery!

Mike, thanks brother. Haven't looked here in awhile; there were a couple more workouts in there but nothing really progression-based or focused.

Surgery yesterday, procedure was a success the doc says. Just started feeling the pain this morning after everything's worn off; it's present but manageable. Post-op pain is a consistent ache right now, so it's impossible to tell how therapeutic it is, ya know?

I'm thinking I might begin (yet another) new log once I'm able to do stuff again. Right now, doc says nothing heavier than a coffee cup. He says expect that for at least 6 weeks while sutures (external and internal) fade and tendons regrow together, and hardware solidifies (a small bit of metal in there now; not sure the exact nature).

I might be one of those dudes who sets off a metal detector now at the airport so I guess I've got that going for me? :/

Dang, a coffee cup! That's rough. Will pray you can get some rest during this time brother.

Indeed. God has been faithful throughout.

Healing's going well; lingering soreness to touch at the surgical site but range of motion is at full, and I'm able to begin some introductory stuff. I think I'm gonna need a different log for this, though ... probably in the Miscellaneous section for awhile, since what I'll be doing will in no way resemble "the program" or anything closer than a third cousin on mom's side.

I'll think it through and create it tonight I think.

starting strength coach development program
    Okay ... current log for the next bit will be here:

Geoff's Injury and Surgery Recovery Log

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617