Harder to Kill - 5 Pounds at a Time Harder to Kill - 5 Pounds at a Time - Page 3

starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Harder to Kill - 5 Pounds at a Time

Default Lower Body LP

• starting strength seminar april 2021
    • starting strength seminar june 2021
    • starting strength seminar august 2021
    Monday 12/28
    Squat.........310x5x3
    Bench.........245x5x5
    Power Clean.180x3x5

Wednesday 12/30
    Squat.........315x5x3
    Press..........155x5x5
    Deadlift.......385x5

Friday 1/1
    Squat.........320x5x3
    Bench.........285x3x2
    Press..........172x1x5
    Power Clean.185x3x5

Truckin'. Might get one more week out of triples on bench? Both triples at 285 were really tough.

Happy New Year! For me - 2021 is going to be the year of the three plate bench and the four plate squat.

Default Lower Body LP

Monday 1/4
    Squat.........325x5x3
    Bench.........250x5x5
    Deadlift.......395x5

Wednesday 1/6
    Squat.........330x5x3
    Press..........157x5x5
    Power Clean.155x3x5 <--- reset to clean up arm pull

Friday 1/8
    Squat.........335x5x3
    Bench.........290x3x2 <--- bar came to a dead stop on rep 3 both times
    Press..........174x1x5
    Deadlift.......405x5 <--- back up to pre-injury weight!

I haven't been sleeping very well, so recovery has been a challenge. It's time to move back to an intermediate pulling schedule and implement light day squats.

Hey, I wanted to let you know that your novice training log (as well as ajindahl's) were immensely helpful to me. I plagiarized your intro for my log and am going to catch up on the last ~8 weeks or so of progress and idiocy. It's here if you care, but I'm really only posting to say thanks. Looking forward to you crushing your goals this year!

Default Major Setback - Commence Long Layoff

Monday 1/25
    Squat.........310x5x3
    Bench.........225x5x5
    Power Clean.135x3x5

I caught the deadly, deadly virus at the beginning of the month. Starting on 1/8, I felt like shit for about a week and a half, then I felt recovered enough to get back to training. It was a two week layoff in all. This workout was VERY hard; I lost a good amount of strength.

AND THEN...

Wednesday 1/27
    Admitted to the hospital with pulmonary embolism in both lungs after I started coughing up blood. I also ended up with a small lung infarction. For some unlucky people, the virus makes our blood prone to clotting. I'll be on blood thinners for about three months, and it will be around two months before I get back to training. Whenever I do get back to training, it will be time to dust off my NLP log for a while until I can call myself an intermediate again. I will pick this log back up after I have returned to training, run through NLP again, and begun weekly programming.

Hooper - thanks for the encouragement, and I'm glad I could help you get started! I will watch your log with interest. Hold down the fort until I get back!

starting strength coach development program
    Wow, that sucks! At least it sounds like everything is under control and it's just a matter of rest/recovery at this point. I imagine things will progress nicely for you once you're back since you'll have already been there once.

Good luck, man. We're all "pulling" for you! (Couldn't resist.)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123