starting strength gym

Thread: And so it continues....

Default And so it continues....

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    And so it begins, again

Here's to the link to my old log, I'm now considering myself a full blown intermediate as my last lift has stopped making progress each time I do it.

Monday 29th March -

Squat - 182.5kg x 1, (previous week was a bad week, see old log for details),

Monday night to Friday 2nd April away with work -

Friday 2nd April -

Squat - 180kg 3 x 5, (PR at this weight for reps, didn't know what to expect as previous week wasn't good. Started by thinking I'd do 180kg as last warm up weight, but after banging out 5 reps I decided that a deload and rebuild was needed, so aiming for 3 x 5's now at the weights I was doing 3 x 3 / 3 x 4's for),

Press - 72.5kg 5 x 3, (PR at this weight for reps),

Chins - Still had lots of energy so did 10/8/8 @ BW.

Sunday 4th April -

Squats - Oh dear. After my 3 x 5 @ 180kg on Friday I must have pulled something in my right inner thigh. Only noticed it when I got to my 60kg warm up weight for the 2nd set of 5 reps. Definitely doesn't feel right, too painful for any more weight. So knocked down to 40kgs and did 2 x 25 (Starr rehab), painful still but doable. Will continue this everyday for the 10 days, which I can do as I'm home for a couple of weeks now.

Dead - 200kg x 5, (moved well, knocked the weight down 5% for previous Deads and working back up with fives. Two sets of 170kg x 5. And before anyone says anything, yes I know the Starr rehab says Do Not Do Any Other Heavy Lifting While Rehabing, but doing Deads caused no pain in it at all so I continued. Will see how it works out).

Stereophonics - Keep The Village Alive

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Green-Mud-Machine View Post
    Squats - Oh dear. After my 3 x 5 @ 180kg on Friday I must have pulled something in my right inner thigh . . . . Definitely doesn't feel right, too painful for any more weight. So knocked down to 40kgs and did 2 x 25 (Starr rehab), painful still but doable. Will continue this everyday for the 10 days, which I can do as I'm home for a couple of weeks now . . . . And before anyone says anything, yes I know the Starr rehab says Do Not Do Any Other Heavy Lifting While Rehabing, but doing Deads caused no pain in it at all so I continued.
    Probably it's the right move to keep deadlifting, as I'm not sure that the Starr Protocol calls for not doing any heavy lifting. In this article, deadlifts continued during adductor rehab:

Peter's Adductor Rehab | Adam Skillin

At any rate, when I got a similar injury (complete with bruising), I did the protocol, but continued normal pressing, benching and deadlifting, which was nice because they were all enroute to PRs.

Good luck with the rehab!

Thanks Killmond, I always listen to folk who speak from experience.
    I hope I'm being over cautious and this is just a minor strain as there's no bruising or marks, just a stabbing pain whilst under load. Bit weird how I didn't feel it happen!

I'll keep this post updated on how it goes