starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greatness is a journey

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    Of course, here you are. I am really enjoying life. I've completed the mss for my first book which is projected to be published in December. I enjoy lifting. My wife is a wonderful companion but at 73 some things are breaking down like memory (that's why I forgot that I had posted in your area), some balance, and other things not ready to mention.

It is good to be alive.
    I think most 40 year olds would be grateful to be half as productive as you. Congratulations on the upcoming book - may I ask what kind of book? I saw your deadlift video in your first post on this thread, and it was the coolest thing I've seen all month

My mom's 70, I got her into lifting. She's 5', 108 #, cancer survivor squatting 135 # for 3 sets of 5. Starting Strength program really is the fountain of youth.

starting strength coach development program
    The book is titled "The Healing of a Soul". I show how Erikson's 8 stages of Psychosocial Development provides at outline for the development as a soul. Origen and many early Church fathers spoke of a soul being not really in existence until it has reached Theosis. Theosis has been defined this way "God became man that man might become God." I use my own life experiences as illustration or as a model.

Your mom is doing wonderfully well. My 74 year old wife also lifts but she hasn't broken 100 in the squat but is very close. She deadlifts 151. Her younger sister at 71 has deadlifted 200.

Thanks for following my posts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12