45x10x3
    95x5
    135x3
    185x1
    225x1
    275x1
    305x1
    330x3x4 4x3 PR

Music — The Vindictives vs Louis Armstrong, Wonderful World; Dead Milkmen, Punk Rock Girl; Runnin' Riot, Divide & Conquer; Ducky Boys, I've Got My Friends; Dropkick Murphys, Rose Tattoo; Amyl and The Sniffers, Freaks To The Front.

Notes
    - SQ - Heavy Triples. While the wonky left shoulder is vastly improved, there's some tightness in there that's not readily apparent. I noticed evidence of it last week during my squats when I had placed my hands at my typical 2-finger width inside the rings, only to feel the bar rolling up on my back during the squats, both heavy and light. Today, moving the pinkies back out to the rings gave the bar space to bet gack down under the spine of the scapula and lock in place. Good thing, too — a 4x3 PR, one where I wasn't distracted between reps by a rolling bar and turning plates.

10/27/22 - Thursday

CGBP H @ 3'
    45x5x3
    95x3
    135x1
    165x1
    190x1
    210x3x4

OP L @ 3'
    45x5x2
    75x3
    105x1
    127.5x5x3

Music — Killing Joke, The Wait; Upchuck, Boss Up; The Church, Reptile; Joy Division, Interzone; The Sisters Of Mercy, Lucretia My Reflection; Public Image Ltd., Bags.

Notes — Yesterday, my normally scheduled rest day, coincided with our annual delivery of 2 tons of fire logs for the upcoming winter. So that was 4,000 lbs manually offloaded from the delivery truck, then that same 4,000 lbs manually moved and stacked inside the house, half of which ended up upstairs. It made for a long day, but manageable. A tad tired this morning, although that was probably more caused by the after-load Maker's.
    - CGBP - Heavy Triples. All good, nice and smooth, although I could feel yesterday's work.
    - OP - Light day. All good.

Nothing like a warm fire in the winter...

Yep. We really like it, especially since we're in a split-level. It keeps the upstairs nice and toasty, while we sleep downstairs where it's quite cool. Plus, any guests stay warm on the upper level and don't have to deal with our enjoying the cold. Oh, and it keeps money out of the pockets of the local energy conglomerate, who always manages to jack rates, then blab about their multi-million dollar donations to local agencies while enjoying their tax breaks.

10/28/22 - Friday

DL H @ 8'
    65x5x3 pc
    135x4
    185x2
    225x1
    275x1
    315x1 h
    355x3 s
    325x3 s

SQ L @ 5'
    45x5x2
    95x5
    135x3
    185x1
    225x1
    275x5x3

Music — Lizzy Borden vs Paul McCartney & Wings, Live and Let Die; Novarium vs Type O Negative, Christian Woman; Type O Negative vs Santana, Evil Ways/Oye Como Va/Black Magic Woman; Trivium vs Type O Negative, I Don't Wanna Be Me; Type O Negative vs Neil Young, Cinnamon Girl.

Notes
    - DL - Heavy Triple w/ backoff. The lower left back was talking even before the warmups, and continued throughout those warmups. No issues with it during both sets, although it did scream at me as the bar hit the ground at the end of both sets. All good, and ties my x3 PR of 8/26/22.
    - SQ - Light Day. [BROKEN RECORD] As usual, these DO NOT feel light after those pulls.[/BROKEN RECORD] All good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Anders View Post
    Yep. We really like it, especially since we're in a split-level. It keeps the upstairs nice and toasty, while we sleep downstairs where it's quite cool. Plus, any guests stay warm on the upper level and don't have to deal with our enjoying the cold. Oh, and it keeps money out of the pockets of the local energy conglomerate, who always manages to jack rates, then blab about their multi-million dollar donations to local agencies while enjoying their tax breaks.
    I wished that we had a split level. I remember being in quite a few of them and really liked them. I also think that if you have a wood burning stove the power can go out and you have heat and the ability to cook. That means a lot for bad weather and power outages.

I thought sleeping downstairs on a split level was my life hack.
    Always cooler, but I find that I deal with a wider range of outcomes being far away from the thermostat.
    Some times it is inexplicably cold and even warm (relative to normal).
    All things considered though I love it.

i'm glad we don't have a split level, I don't want to deal with stairs lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesepuff View Post
    I thought sleeping downstairs on a split level was my life hack.
    Always cooler, but I find that I deal with a wider range of outcomes being far away from the thermostat.
    Some times it is inexplicably cold and even warm (relative to normal).
    All things considered though I love it.
    Neither one of us have an issue being away from the thermostat. We keep a pile of blankets nearby for those nights where it's a touch too cool down there and have mastered the art of outriggering (legs out) when it's a touch too warm. Through the winter, we'll be burning the logs, which will keep the upstairs fairly warm. If it ever gets to the point where we're too cold downstairs, we can move upstairs for the night. But that has yet to happen, even when it's sustained single digits for several days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bingley View Post
    i'm glad we don't have a split level, I don't want to deal with stairs lol
    Fair enough. They're short flights of 7 & 8 stairs, which makes for a quick up/down when needed. It's a bit of extra intensity work most days, with a quick sprint.

starting strength coach development program
    10/31/22 - Monday

OP H @ 2'
    45x5x3
    75x3
    105x1
    125x1
    140x1
    155x1x5
    160x1x5

CGBP L @ 3'
    45x5x2
    95x3
    135x1
    160x1
    190x5x3

Notes — Nellis AFB gym. A quick, planned last-minute trip to visit with dear friends and spend a bit of time with our wonderful goddaughter.
    - OP - Heavy singles. Programmed for 157.5lbs, but I did not have my microplates with me and, like most gyms, there weren't any 1.25lb plates to be found. Heck, there was only one pair of 2.5lb plates, both scattered far from the other in this gym. So that gave me the choice of 155 or 160. The 140x1 warmup rep felt real rough, and after the travel, I didn't want to run the risk of failure by the third rep, so I went with 155. All five singles moved well. So I figured that I would load 160 and do a rep or two. All five of those moved quickly. I probably could have just gone with 165x1x5 or 170x1x5 for a single workset, that's how good it felt.
    - CGBP - Light day. I was running out of time since I did the extra heavy OP singles, but I managed to squeeze in all three sets.

Page 53 of 97 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast