starting strength gym
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: End of 2021 log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I don't think it's really a form issue that's at play here, it's probably a programming one. Only kink in the technique is really using my belt for deadlifts, which I may stop doing again. Sometimes I feel like I get it right and it helps, and sometimes it feels like my back isn't able to set as well as I'd like it to with the belt on. Private coaching is really out of the budget for me right now, and besides, I'd like to get the hang of working out these kinds of issues myself, so I can one day do it for others as a coach.

Monday 7/28/2022

Weigh-in: 289.2

Bench 230x5x3
    Press 127.5x5x3
    Lying Triceps Extension 90x10,7,4

Those bench sets were real smooth. Hard, but no hangups. I think the LTEs are definitely proving a big asset.

Tuesday 3/1/2022

Squat 300x5, 270x5x2
    Power Clean 155x3x3
    Pulldown 205x8x3

Shitty day today. Took a job working for the day in a booth in a gated community about 50 minutes from my house. First time working one of these alone, absolutely miserable. Didn't stop there though. Also ended up losing a 1.25 pound micro plate after a pair of bros setup right next to our squat rack to do some dipshit exercise. Either they took it, or kicked it to the side and it slid underneath something I can't get it out of. Either way, fuck them.

I guess the squats went ok. They were hard, but I did them and didn't hurt myself. The power cleans were fucking hideous on the last set. They went up so fucking slow and my vision kept getting blurry on the catch throughout the entire workout. I kept trying to explode from the jumping position and it just barely got it going. I think I'm gonna shelf these and try lighter deadlifts. I think they just work better for helping my deadlift advance than power cleans do, and honestly advancing my deadlift seems to advance my power cleans more than doing actual power cleans does.

Thursday 3/3/2022

Press 150x5x3
    Bench 200x5x3
    Barbell Curl 70x10x3

Pretty nice press PR. I used to think I couldn't bench 200 pounds. Today I did 3 full sets of 5 with it on a single held breath each, as a light workout. The press was pretty damn hard. I think I'll be switching programming up a bit now to a texas method type setup, to see if I can get some big new intensity PRs.

starting strength coach development program
    Friday 3/4/2022

Deadlift 395x5
    Squat 225x5x2

Reset the deadlift, did it without a belt today. I'm going to do the next workout with one, and I will have videos of both to compare. I feel like the belt might be messing with my back tightness somehow. Next week some programming changes on tuesday and friday as well. I'll still have heavy deadlifts lined up for friday, but tuesday I'll be doing 2 lighter sets of deadlifts. In the past this seems to have worked out better for me than doing power cleans.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678