Thread: Return to Starting Strength

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Tuesday 2/15/22:
    Squat: 325 @ 3x5
    Deadlift: 390@ 1x5
    Chins: 30ish reps: 11,7,7,6

Squats felt good today, no problems with the weight really. Last rep of last set was only one I'll really qualify as particularly "hard" today.

Deadlifts were good too. Need to watch dropping my hips and just trust loading by back, but weight moved well. Doing a better job setting my back, but just need to do it with slightly higher hips.

Decided to chin today since I didn't on Sunday. Chins are hard after deadlifts. I was focusing on making sure I'm getting full extension at the bottom as I think I've been rushing them and cutting it off a bit.

Thursday 2/17/22:
    Press: 147 x 4,4,4,3
    Bench: 247.5 @ 3x5
    Weighted Chins: +32lbs - 5,5,4

Friday 2/18/22:
    Squat: 330 @ 3x5
    Power Clean: 5x3 @ 145
    Barbell Rows: 3x8 @ 155
    Barbell Curls

Monday 2/21/22:
    Press: 148 x 5,4,3,4
    Bench: 247.5 @ 3x5 (was supposed to be 250, but I misloaded one side)
    LTEs

Played basketball again last night, so was a little drained this morning. But ate well and slept well the last several days so felt pretty good all-in-all.

I added another pound to my press and got the 5 reps. Somehow still got 4 on my last set. I think the 3rd set I was committed to just doing two sets of three, instead of pushing for that 4th rep. So I got it the last set.

Bench moved really well today, the whole time I was pretty happy with it! Then after my sets and I went to strip weights off, I realized I missed a 2.5 lb plate on the left side. I'm surprised I didn't sense the imbalance, but I really didn't notice anything. But mad I didn't add any weight from last time! I guess my right side got a little stronger... Going to be hard to continue heavy 3x5s on both Press and Bench for much longer. Will probably move to a Volume and Intensity day soon, but they're still progressing so I'm going to keep with it.

Tuesday 2/22/22:
    Squat: 3x5 @ 335
    Deadlift: 1x5 @ 295
    Chins: 10,8,6,7

Man, I just felt drained this morning. I really think it was basketball combined with a pretty hard press workout yesterday. I went to bed early and been eating 4000kcal for the last 5 days. I think I just need to quit bball for right now. Got it all done though. Weight moved alright on the squat, although it is feeling heavy. Kept getting on my toes a little bit, I think I just need to make sure I initiate my squat with my knees and not just the hips and just dump the weight forward. Just felt it of significance on a couple of reps.

Thursday 2/24/22:
    Bench: 250 @ 3x5
    Press: 149 x 5,4,4,3
    Dips
    Weighted Chins

Pete Yeh came over today to do a form check with me and my wife. Great to have him close by and accessible! Everything felt really good today and moved well. Been eating and sleeping hard this week and it's helped me recover. As beat up as I felt on Tuesday I felt infinitely better today.

Friday 2/25/22:
    Squat: 3x5 @ 340
    Pin Press: 3x3 @ 157.5
    Power Cleans: 5x3 @ 145

Squats were hard and heavy today, just felt like crap really.

Power cleans feeling good. Weight felt light really.

Was going to do barbell rows and some curls but didn't have time so bagged it today.

Monday 2/28/22:
    Press: 150 x 5,4,4,4
    Bench: 252.5 @ 3x5
    Chins - 11,8,7,7
    LTEs - 80 x 12,12,10

OHP moved really well today. I think I'm finally starting to figure out the form. Been adding weight and getting more reps, so that's cool! Keep thinking I'm going to move to an intensity press day soon but it keeps moving so I'm going to keep doing it.

Had some numbing/sharp pain in my left forearm over the weekend. Did something to it when I was working around the house. I couldn't even pick up my 28lb daughter with my left hand. Nursed it for a couple days and it was pretty much fine today. I felt it a little bit but happy it seems to be mostly gone. We'll find out at deadlifts tomorrow.

Tuesday 3/1/22:
    Squat: 1x5 @ 345, 2x325
    Deadlift: 400x5
    Back Extensions

Started adding some back-off sets to squats after a single top set at the recommendations of Pete Yeh. Still going to keep adding weight twice a week, but keeps the intensity high and gives a better opportunity to continue to practice my form. Squats felt a bit of a mess today though. I was trying to move my heels in a little bit (narrow stance but toes in same place) and I just couldn't get in balance. Felt like I was squatting real compacted and kept pitching forward. For whatever reason I lost reaching my hips back. Weight moved okay overall, but just felt terrible and I got a mad low back pump.

Deadlift flew. Not sure my form was spot on (dropping my hips), and probably lifted with a bit too much intensity and not enough discipline, but felt easier today than I was expecting.

starting strength coach development program
    Thursday 3/3/22:
    Bench: 3x5 @ 255
    Press: 151 x 5,4,4,3
    Weighted Chins: 213 lb BW + 35 lbs x 6,5,5
    Dips: BW x 12, 12, 10

Bench felt good today, it just keeps going up. Press was good too. I honestly am unsure if I did 3 or 4 sets. I'm pretty sure I did four, but somehow lost track in the middle there, not certain I did 2 sets of 4 reps there, but I think I did. I dunno.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast