• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Thursday 3/24/22:
    Intensity Press: 7x1 @ 140
    Bench: 3x5@270
    Weighted Chins: +42.5 x 5,5,4
    Weighted Dips: +15 x 10,10,10

My left shoulder was killing my on bench today. It was fine on press. I did a couple extra warm-up sets and got all my reps, but I think my form was a bit off because of shoulder pain. Pretty sure it's my rotator cuff, pain on the posterior side of shoulder right at the lower part of the joint. This is something I've had for a decade plus when I just start to overdue it, whether it's benching, swimming, or something else. So with that I think I'm going to back-off the benching frequency and add a CG bench day. Normally CG bench doesn't bother it at all, but we'll see.
    Last edited by Wlodyd52; 04-04-2022 at 11:32 AM.

Saturday 3/26/22:
    Squat: 1x5 @ 380, 2x5 @ 345
    Pin Press: 3x3 @ 175
    Power Clean: 5x3 @ 165

Top set of squats felt particularly heavy and hard today. Took a few extra thoughts before deciding to squat down for that fifth rep, but got it pretty decidedly. I feel pretty good about being able to continue to push my top set, but not sure I can keep it up twice a week. I'm in the middle of PPST3 again, so I'll maybe see what's next.

Pin presses are getting pretty heavy too. Will drop down the jumps to 2.5 lbs next week.

Power cleans were ok. Still need to work on keeping the arms locked straight through the pull. I did better on later sets but pretty sure still too much of an arm pull.

BW: 216.2 (after light breakfast before workout, I usually weigh-in before eating, so probably around 215).

Monday 3/28/22:
    Intensity Bench: 3x3 @ 275
    Strict Press: 5x5 @ 127.5
    Chins: 14,10,9,6
    LTEs: 3x8 @ 92

Shoulder felt better than last week, but still not 100%. Took a bit to warm-up, but actually felt pretty good through the working sets. I think going to triples will help heal/recover a little better as the last couple of reps have been questionable for a while. Going to a more compressed TM on my bench for now. I just can't take the high intensity twice a week.

Tuesday 3/29/22:
    Volume Squat: 5x5 @ 305
    Power Clean: 5x3 @ 170
    Barbell Row: 3x8 @ 195

Playing some catch-up on my posts:

Thursday 3/31/22
    Press: 7x1 @ 145
    Bench: 3x5 @ 230
    Weighted Chins: +42.5 x 5,5,5
    Pushdowns: 60x15,12,11

Was hoping to do 5x5 on bench, but shoulder was bothering me too much so I nixed it. Then decided to drop dips out or the same reason. I've got a lot more left in my bench if I can get this shoulder right.

Friday 4/1/22
    Squat: 1x5 @ 385
    Pin Press: 3x3 @ 177.5
    Deadlift: 1x5 @ 420

Squat went pretty well, I definitely felt more fresh going into today. Just more energized, extra pep in the step. I was surprised how well the first 4 reps moved. The last one was tough though, but honestly better than last week. Been battling some acid reflux when I squat though. I think it's just from bracing so damn hard on these heavy squats. I seriously almost threw up today, I kept dry heaving. I took some tums and was instantly better.

Weight: 214.8

Monday 4/4/22:
    Intensity Bench: 3x3 @ 277.5
    Strict Press: 5x5 @ 130
    Chins: 14,10,8,7
    LTEs: 93x10,8,8

Shoulder was kinda 'meh'. Still bothering me, but worksets were okay. I was contemplating going 5x3 on the bench, but it was just bothering me too much to keep pushing it. It felt better than it did a couple weeks ago, so hopefully just get it better while still pushing progress where I can, just a little slower. Press felt easy.

Tuesday 4/5/22:
    Volume Squat: 5x5 @ 310
    Power Cleans: 175 x 3,2,3,3,3
    Barbell Rows: 3x6 @ 200

Squat felt pretty good. Still lifting my chest at the end of the rep. I thought I was doing pretty darn good and video taped my last set and it's getting pretty obvious to me! But I do think it's better than it was and is further toward the end of the rep, so not too bad. Power cleans felt like crap. Missed a rep that second set as I just let bar get away from me on my setup. Took an extra few seconds between reps on later sets and did better. I may drop the weight a little bit next week just to keep practicing on form.

Thursday 4/7/22:
    Volume Bench: 5x5 @ 232.5
    Intensity Press: 7x1 @ 150
    Weighted Chins: 3x5 @ +43lbs
    Pushdowns: 3x12 @ 62.5

Shoulder felt much better on bench today. I could still feel it a bit, moreso on last couple of sets, but it wasn't bad and I didn't feel like it impacted my strength or form today.

starting strength coach development program
    Friday 4/8/22:
    Intensity Squat: 1x5 @ 390
    Pin Press: 3x3 @ 180
    Deadlift: 1x5 @ 425

Pete came by to coach me through my squat and deadlift today. Always good to have him here. Working on slowing down my squat, particularly at the bottom. I think it helped quite a bit in keeping tightness. Squats were heavy and hard, but overall successful.

Deadlift moved well and Pete thinks I'm doing a good job with my form now, so just gotta keep it up. Pretty much smoked these reps without issue today, so something is working!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456