Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 day TM split 2022

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Tuesday 3/22/2022

Squat 315x5
    Deadlift 405x5

That last squat rep was tough. It was a struggle to keep the back angle from going horizontal out of the bottom.

I managed to lockout all the deadlift reps, but they were all ugly as hell. Started with a set back at the bottom, immediately lost it as the weight started going up. Last rep even looked like it had a bit of hitch to it. The last warmup set at 365 seemed fine though. I think trying to work with the belt again has fucked my technique up and kept my erectors from keeping pace with all the other components of the lift.

Thursday 3/24/2022

Press 154x5
    Bench 210x5x5
    Bike 20 second intervals/10 second restx3, intensity 10

I think this makes for an all-time press PR in the 5 rep category. Last rep almost didn't make it, but it was a technical problem. I had the bar out too far in front of my face out of the bottom, had to work super hard to get it back into the right path from there, but I got it.

Bench was hard and got a little slow at the end, but not really a grind.

Friday 3/25/2022

Deadlift 335x5
    Squat 280x5x4

Lighter deadlift today. I'm thinking I'll do 365 for the next heavy set next friday. This one was just light since I did the 405 on tuesday. I'm going to be sticking to a power clean/deadlift weekly rotation while I try to work on the back rounding issue.

Squats were alright. Hard at the end. Gave them each an additional minute of rest since the gym was so hot.

Monday 3/28/2022

Weigh-In: 286.6 pounds

Bench 240x5
    Press 140x5x5
    Bike 20 second intervals/10 second restx3, intensity 10

That was a hard bench set, but I'm pretty sure it's an overall PR. My setup on the bench didn't feel very strong again. Might give 242.5 a go next week.

Brought the presses up by 1 instead of 2. I'll do the same for the intensity set later this week.
    Last edited by CommanderFun; 03-29-2022 at 08:52 AM.

Tuesday 3/29/2022

Squat 320x5
    Power Clean 150x3x4
    Pulldown 215x5x3

Woof, that was a hard set of squats. Could I do it again with five pounds more next week? There's a small chance. But I think I'll move to triples next week. I decided to try and move the sets up on the power cleans instead of the weight. Last set was tough, nearly didn't catch it on the last rep. Might have been because the sun went right into my eyes through a window in the front of the gym during the jump. I think I'll stick to the three sets since I'll be doing more sets for the squat next week. Pulldowns were fine.

Wednesday 3/30/2022

Press 155x5
    Bench 212.5x5x5

Went in today since my girlfriend had a doctor appointment after work tomorrow. I definitely wasn't quite as fresh as I would normally be going in, but I'm glad I hit my weights anyway. That last press rep was the longest grind I think I've ever done on a press. The bench was tough, had a weird soreness in my biceps. More evidence the things do in fact have involvement in the pressing movements. Did away with the bike for today, didn't want to hit it the day after squatting.

Friday 4/1/2022

Deadlift 365x5
    Squat 285x5

Looks like I'm the April fool today. Had a soreness build up in the low back during the deadlift warmups. The 365 was tough. I think squats are starting to contribute to the low back fatigue deadlifts cause as the weights have gone up. Getting my squat weight up has really been fucking with my deadlift weight, and now as I type this I still have this really bad low back soreness. I only did one set of the squats for today because my back was not up to it at all. I pushed through that one set but there's no way my back was going to hold up for another three. I need to do something about rectifying my programming.

Monday 4/4/2022

Bench 242.5x3x2
    Press 142x5x5

Back has really been bothering me since friday. I think the SI joint has been inflamed or something. I didn't know if I'd be able to do the workout today, but it looks like I managed it. It's definitely better today than it was over the weekend. Tomorrow will be the true test. Bending over while in extension seems to be what really aggravates it.

Wasn't sure I wanted to move the bench to triples yet, but today felt like I couldn't have done that weight for 5. That 142 press was definitely a limit 5x5. One more set and I would've missed the last rep. It's weird, since I was able to do 150 for 3 sets of 5 a little while ago. I'm guessing it's because I did the heavy benching first. Might also be because I haven't been doing the accessory stuff I was doing with that prior program. I'll go ahead and reset this a bit for next week.

Tuesday 4/5/2022

Squat 295x3
    Pulldown 217.5x5x3

Taking it easy on the lower body this week, trying to test out what the low back can tolerate right now. I felt fairly confident from the squat warmups, so I went ahead and tried for a work set of 295. It felt pretty hard after 3, so I racked the bar and called it for now. I think I might be overtraining my squats. Next week I'll do 295x5 as an intensity workout and see if it goes any better. Will probably do a fairly light weight on friday.

Normally I'd do power cleans after squats, but I was hesitant to subject my back to a fast movement, so instead I just worked through some RDLs so I could feel my way through the movement slowly and see if anything aggravated the injury. Nothing major happened.

Pulldowns were fine.

starting strength coach development program
    Thursday 4/7/2022

Press 157x3x2
    Bench 205x5x5

Uneventful workout, nothing to really report. Don't know how long those press triples will last, I'm hoping 2 more weeks. Week 3 will probably be another 1 pound jump.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast