starting strength gym

Thread: More Fully Alive

Default More Fully Alive

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    by Leah Lutz

Starting Strength Coach Leah Lutz talks about her success as an unlikely powerlifter. In part 1, she discusses her life prior to starting strength training.

Watch Part 1

Watch Part 2

Watch Part 3

DOH. fades out just when her story gets good! It's like you want us to come back for more.

Very inspirational and brave to talk about her former self, I can't wait to see the next part!

Ms. Lutz,

Thank You for sharing your story! It will impact people's lives!

It is awesome, especially when contrasted with taking that first step into the gym and your recent step onto the podium at Worlds!

You have conquered many fears and become a very strong woman!

Your journey took risk, courage, grit, perseverance, and iron!

Telling people to never give up, to never quit, might sound cliche at times, but the truth is, when someone is thinking about quitting on life, having someone in your corner who has been there too and who is encouraging you to hold on to hope with everything you can muster, no matter how feebly, is profoundly powerful!

Good luck in all your future endeavors!

Thanks you all! I truly, truly hope that others can be encouraged with some sound advice and care from many coaches and individuals to take positive steps toward change. Every time I talk about this, I hear so many cliches coming out of my own mouth, but there is much truth in the simple, tough, oft-repeated phrases.

Just finished watching this. That's an impressive amount of progress made. Kind of felt like I was watching one of those inspirational sports movies. She says she was scared a lot of the time but you wouldn't know it from the way she carries herself. Seems like an extremely confident person. It's that kind of confidence that makes her attractive as a person and a coach. To accomplish that many goals in that amount of time and be so humble about it. I think a lot of power-lifters and coaches could learn a lot from her because I have really not seen anyone as humble. By the way does Jordan own a shirt?. Every time I see a picture of the guy training he has his shirt off. I think he might think it gives him some type of advantage by training shirtless. Maybe he'll write an article about how training shirtless increases force production or something.

Amazing story Leah. Respect to you and your accomplishments. If you lived locally I'd hire you as my coach without a second thought.

starting strength coach development program
    Beautifully spoken from the heart and so bravely, you not only educated your listeners but you also encouraged us with your honesty. Thank you SO much for sharing such a fantastic experience I can't wait to hear what you take on next!