starting strength gym

Thread: Training Law Enforcement and Firefighters

Default Training Law Enforcement and Firefighters

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    by John F Musser

Starting Strength Coach John Musser gives a presentation on considerations when coaching police and firefighters during the Starting Strength Coaches Association Conference held in Wichita Falls, TX in 2016.

Watch presentation

Well done John. It took me a few years to start to figure out how to train, correct and motivate police officers. We are a tough and cynical group.

brad
    Detective

BTK,
    Thanks for taking the time to watch and thank you for the feed back,
    Be safe

I know this is almost a year removed from the original post, but I'm about to start policy academy training in May. Just coming back to training after having a bout of Mono and the Flu. How can I integrate SSLP into the amount of cardio, pushups and situps, the local department is recommending to prepare myself?

Homeless,
    Congratulations on your acceptance into the academy and good luck with your police career.

Run LP as directed in the book, get as strong as you can prior to the academy, and enter the academy strong and injury free. The academy itself will probably provide plenty of opportunities for silly, useless, and hurtful activities.

Be careful and good luck

Thank you! I am continuing the LP as prescribed. I am supplementing some cardio a couple times a week because I don't want to be behind everyone else, and I'm already a fairly efficient runner. Enjoying feeling myself get stronger again after being sick.
    Thanks again.

starting strength coach development program
    Auto Correct! OMG, my electrical engineer boyfriend is always nitpicking numbers I quote. I respond with "don't be such a fucking pedant!" I think he thinks it means "dick." That's o.k.