starting strength gym

Thread: SSCAC: Social Capital

Default SSCAC: Social Capital

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Starting Strength Coach John Musser presents on the topic of Social Capital to the Starting Strength Coaches Association Conference held in Wichita Falls, TX in August 2017.

Watch presentation

I really enjoyed this presentation. Simple stuff but presented well.

That's a very useful model encompassing a lot of useful concepts in a simple and understandable way regarding a important topic. Of all the SSC talks put up from 2017 this one is my favorite.

Thanks for sharing this.

Interesting way to present being decent to one another. One can extrapolate to what happens when "social capital" is thrown away.

Pip,
    Thank you for the feedback on the presentation. The conference format was changed in 2017, and it helped me focus a bit on the priorities of the material, and tighten it up. Very glad it worked for you.

VivekSaini,
    Thanks for the kind words. My goal was to present a model that could be put to use, and I am glad it succeeded.

Adam,
    Thank you for the post, and I agree. Its interesting you say "thrown away". It has been my observation the most dramatic loss of social capital is due to some type of purposeful activity.

Really appreciated this presentation. Concise and to the point, and gave me a new way of looking at things. I hope to apply these lessons in the near future (i.e. doing the right thing). Thank you John.

starting strength coach development program
    Quadro,
    Thank you for the comments and glad you got something out of the presentation.