starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Coach Development Program

Default Starting Strength Coach Development Program

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Stef Bradford and Nick Delgadillo announce the launch of the Starting Strength Coach Development Program including a Coach Prep Course, Coach Development Camps, and apprenticeships. The program is designed help to prepare apprentices, interns, and future SSC candidates to take the practical, oral, and written examinations for the Starting Strength Coach certificate.*

Watch video

How does this compare with the Barbell Coaching Academy course and camps? It's pretty clear that the SS-CDP is the best option for someone working in an affiliate gym (at least financially). Are the curricula similar? Are the camps similar?

I'm attending the Feb 2nd camp and am also a client in the BCA.

I don't want to speak for BCA, so I'll see if Bill or one of the other folks can chime in. I think the way to look at this is that SS Coach Development Program is focused on coaching in a gym - affiliate, Starting Strength Gym, or on your own. It's an apprenticeship/internship program for people who are coaching or will be able to actively coach by getting clients. In the SSOC program, a successful candidate will enter the program as a student, be invited to intern, and leave the program with a job offer to work for SSOC upon passing the SSC examinations.

Bill and Crew run a weekend coaching camp and the Starting Strength Coaching Development Camps are one day, training camp style coaching workshops.

The goal for both programs is to generate Starting Strength Coaches, so some aspects will be similar since the foundational material comes from a single source, but the approach may be different in some respects since the programs were developed independently of each other.

I am overly excited about the opportunities the Starting Strength Coach Development Program is opening up. I love the methodology of SS and am pursuing the SSC. The apprenticeship announcement is amazing and I will seek that avenue.

My whole life I wanted to coach, develop, and mentor people to become better versions of themselves, I just didn't know in what capacity. The discovery of SS has proven to be a valuable one and one day I hope to impact many individuals by making them physically and mentally stronger. SS is making the world a better place.

Quote Originally Posted by NickV View Post
    I am overly excited about the opportunities the Starting Strength Coach Development Program is opening up. I love the methodology of SS and am pursuing the SSC. The apprenticeship announcement is amazing and I will seek that avenue.

My whole life I wanted to coach, develop, and mentor people to become better versions of themselves, I just didn't know in what capacity. The discovery of SS has proven to be a valuable one and one day I hope to impact many individuals by making them physically and mentally stronger. SS is making the world a better place.
    I hope to see you working in a gym soon, Nick.

I've been coaching people with the SS method for about a year as a part-time personal trainer and attended both the BCA Coach's Camp and an SS Seminar in 2018.

I need to study the material more in-depth. As stef described in this podcast/video, I believe a more active learning method than just reading it would help a lot.

Is the Starting Strength Coach Prep Course a good fit for me?

Can I start anytime, or is there a scheduled enrollment period that is paced with a group?

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Cannington View Post
    I've been coaching people with the SS method for about a year as a part-time personal trainer and attended both the BCA Coach's Camp and an SS Seminar in 2018.

I need to study the material more in-depth. As stef described in this podcast/video, I believe a more active learning method than just reading it would help a lot.

Is the Starting Strength Coach Prep Course a good fit for me?

Can I start anytime, or is there a scheduled enrollment period that is paced with a group?
    Anna, you're exactly who we are targeting for both apprenticeships at a Starting Strength Gym and for this Coach Development Program. I think this is a perfect fit for you and you can start any time. Check out these links:

Starting Strength Coach Prep Course | The Aasgaard Company

Careers | Starting Strength

Do you recommend study prior to signing up for the course, or is it better to start with a blank slate?

Is this a serious question?

starting strength coach development program
    Unless you plan on making learning this stuff your full-time during the course of the program, there will be a a lot of catching up to do. Not to mention the coaching experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast