starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Abdominal hernia....

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    If you're concerned about the integrity of the incision, have them mesh it. Either way, 2 months off is silly. Maybe 2 weeks.
    So I’m 5 weeks out from surgery today. Doing great. I honestly thought you were crazy saying 2 weeks. My wife joked with me that I had 13 days to get back under the bar when she brought our boys up to visit on post op day 1. Needless to say, I wasn’t feeling it and rolled my eyes. I talked my surgeon into discharging me that day and went home to my recliner. My boys got me moving, and I was picking them up and playing with them by post op day 4.

Post op day 18 I started lifting again at greatly reduced weights. I’m ramping up pretty rapidly and will be back to my pre op weights by the time I’m allowed to lift again. All in all, this ended up being a pretty benign experience for losing 18” of colon.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Hurlburt View Post
    So I’m 5 weeks out from surgery today. Doing great. I honestly thought you were crazy saying 2 weeks. My wife joked with me that I had 13 days to get back under the bar when she brought our boys up to visit on post op day 1. Needless to say, I wasn’t feeling it and rolled my eyes. I talked my surgeon into discharging me that day and went home to my recliner. My boys got me moving, and I was picking them up and playing with them by post op day 4.

Post op day 18 I started lifting again at greatly reduced weights. I’m ramping up pretty rapidly and will be back to my pre op weights by the time I’m allowed to lift again. All in all, this ended up being a pretty benign experience for losing 18” of colon.
    I was back at my pre-surgical PR for bench press after my elbow reconstruction at exactly 8 weeks post-op. The body has an amazing capacity to heal when you actually allow it to heal fast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12