starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lower back stiffness and hip pain. MRI pics and doctor advice included.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by SS2016 View Post
    I'm only a medical student (so don't take my opinion seriously at all) but it looks like you have a very mild disc protrusion.

Pain is complex (refer to articles posted on this board). The main cause of your lower back is probably your lumbar erectors spasming due to you lifting incorrectly (causing your disc protrusion). The best way to fix this is to lift BUT with good form.

I remember your previous squat videos. You had no control over your lower back, which probably caused your disc to slip. So, keep squatting, posting vids to the board, get a coach etc. The main thing is, getting stronger will more than likely completely resolve your back pain and have you feeling healthier than before.
    First of all, thanks a lot. My brain surgeon also said the same thing, but I have a very slight sense of tingling down my left leg which keeps me worried. Also, here's the axial scan which I thinks shows the bulge more clearly.

image_635.jpg

I'm also doing my best to keep my back extended now.

I'm a PT (take that for what is worth).

Pain is much more complicated than any MRI can show. Can you be more specific about your symptoms? Where exactly are your symptoms including side of the back, which hip or is it both, do you have pain or numbness/tingling or weakness in your legs? How long have you had this pain? Is the pain constant or intermittent? What makes your pain worse? What makes you pain better? Do you have any issues with bending forward, backward, or shifting your hips left or right?

Lifting weights is not bad for you so it's not your fault you are hurting. I typically advise to use good form but the literature does not support the idea that poor form increases injury risk, but I'd say the jury is still out.

Quote Originally Posted by SS2016 View Post
    get a coach etc.
    For those who know their forms is poor just get a coach and fix it.

This guy has his own brain surgeon!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    This guy has his own brain surgeon!
    Healthcare is completely free in Turkey. You just download an app and get in line. The CT, the MRI, the orthopedist and the brain surgeon... cost me 0 bucks exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbfast View Post
    For those who know their forms is poor just get a coach and fix it.
    Not an option in where I live. Coaches around here do quarter squats on smith machines.

Quote Originally Posted by dwade View Post
    I'm a PT (take that for what is worth).

Pain is much more complicated than any MRI can show. Can you be more specific about your symptoms? Where exactly are your symptoms including side of the back, which hip or is it both, do you have pain or numbness/tingling or weakness in your legs? How long have you had this pain? Is the pain constant or intermittent? What makes your pain worse? What makes you pain better? Do you have any issues with bending forward, backward, or shifting your hips left or right?

Lifting weights is not bad for you so it's not your fault you are hurting. I typically advise to use good form but the literature does not support the idea that poor form increases injury risk, but I'd say the jury is still out.
    Thanks for the reply. When I bend over for a few minutes my lower back gets a pump like as if I did 10 deadlifts this has been this way for the past month. I had disturbing pain in the right butt, but it went away on its own after a one week break. Squatting, deadlifting, pressing, bending over etc nothing really hurts me as far as movement patterns go. I have very mild tingling in my left leg since yesterday. Overall, my back is just stiff and feels tired all the time.

Who hasn 't it's own neurosurgeon? Absolute minimum today

The bulge on this MRT image is minimal

Quote Originally Posted by GorkemSahin View Post
    Healthcare is completely free in Turkey.... cost me 0 bucks exactly.
    Amazing.

Not an option in where I live. Coaches around here do quarter squats on smith machines.
    Get Online Coaching | Starting Strength Online Coaching

Thanks for the reply. When I bend over for a few minutes my lower back gets a pump like as if I did 10 deadlifts this has been this way for the past month. I had disturbing pain in the right butt, but it went away on its own after a one week break. Squatting, deadlifting, pressing, bending over etc nothing really hurts me as far as movement patterns go. I have very mild tingling in my left leg since yesterday. Overall, my back is just stiff and feels tired all the time.
    Is your condition improving, worsening, or stay the same? What if you just try to touch your toes with your knees straight? Can you bend backwards?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by porcopedico View Post
    Who hasn 't it's own neurosurgeon? Absolute minimum today

The bulge on this MRT image is minimal
    Have you seen the axial scan? Capture.jpg

Would love to but It's 200 dollars a month, equals the minimum wage in Turkey, and I'm a college student.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast