starting strength gym
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: NLP: Paul's Situation

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I had the feeding tube removed today! I hadn't used it in a long time. Popped right out.

No heavy lifting for 48 hours.

Fuck that, Paul! Let's see a PR.

I made it to the gym today. Leg presses 150 lbs. I was going to use bench press machine, but no shoulder mobility Looking forward to Sat training.

Wow this is awesome! I got the chills multiple times as I read through this thread. Keep it up!

Another PR today - I woke up made coffee.

Another great training session with Jason yesterday except I couldn't deadlift! Damn left shoulder is really holding me back! Left leg is doing well. I did some modified bench press and goblet squats - a little more weight than last time.

What's wrong with your left shoulder?

It's sore and very little flexibility. I think spending too much time on it after surgery. It is doing better today. It is very weak so time to make it strong!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    What's wrong with your left shoulder?
    I recently found out I actually two operation. One to remove the tumor and a one a few days later because I had a stroke. Left side was worthless for a long time! It is getting better!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbfast View Post
    I recently found out I actually two operation. One to remove the tumor and a one a few days later because I had a stroke. Left side was worthless for a long time! It is getting better!
    If the left side is weak from the stroke, for recovery you have to get other parts of your brain to do the work of the stroked part. The way to do this: use your left side, A LOT.

Assuming you are right-handed, it is common for people with strokes on the right side of the brain to be less aware or even unaware of deficits on the left side of the body. It’s a pretty interesting phenomenon known as “neglect,” but if it happens to you it’s less interesting and more of a challenge.

Keep up with the regular barbell lifts, don’t be tempted to do dumbbell work on the “good” side. Make that left side figure out how to work under the barbell. This is maybe one time when doing some work in front of a mirror would be helpful. Do barbell curls in front of the mirror next to the bodybuilders!

And use the left side more than you have to. Brush your teeth and shave with your left hand. Use your left hand to wipe your ... you get the idea.

You’ve already overcome some steep odds, no reason to think that won’t continue. Please continue to report back here. We’re all pulling for you and also inspired by you.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Fuck that, Paul! Let's see a PR.
    Leg press 160 lbs for 3 sets of 5.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast