starting strength gym
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: NLP: Paul's Situation

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I trained again today. I was off 100lbs on last weeks squat. Short term memory is not up to par yet. Left arm continues to improve. Still having trouble gaining weight (143 lbs today). I remember telling my Mom to eat! How hard is that to do? She weighed 77lbs when She passed away. I asked them at the mortuary if we get a discount on the cremation. It was a good laugh in a touchy situation

The support from my training "Bros" has been great. I told them today it is probably adding to my longevity!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbfast View Post
    I trained again today. I was off 100lbs on last weeks squat. Short term memory is not up to par yet. Left arm continues to improve. Still having trouble gaining weight (143 lbs today). I remember telling my Mom to eat! How hard is that to do? She weighed 77lbs when She passed away. I asked them at the mortuary if we get a discount on the cremation. It was a good laugh in a touchy situation

The support from my training "Bros" has been great. I told them today it is probably adding to my longevity!
    What have you been trying from a diet standpoint to gain weight back?

I was trying keto diet to slow down the cancer. Some mixed info on effectiveness. I did leg press 200 lbs on Monday. I have gained a whopping one pound (146) since modifying the keto diet. I should have new MRI results any day now. The last bout of chemo was more difficult. Doctor upped the dose.

MRI results are inconclusive. Is it tumor growth or inflammation from from the radiology treatments? I think they know but didn't want to discuss over the phone! So I think it is tumor growth! I am still going to train tomorrow and then watch my grandkids play soccer.

stay positive buddy,
    you got this

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbfast View Post
    MRI results are inconclusive. Is it tumor growth or inflammation from from the radiology treatments? I think they know but didn't want to discuss over the phone! So I think it is tumor growth! I am still going to train tomorrow and then watch my grandkids play soccer.
    Honestly, it’s often not possible to tell from the pictures. The doc will worry it’s tumor and hope it’s inflammation. So their overall “impression” might depend on whether they are more hopeful or worried.

Time will tell, and it’s up to you how you spend your time, so keep it up buddy! Do your training and enjoy those grandkids!

Thanks!

I continue to train. and stay optimistic.

People all over the world are pulling for you, Paul. Hold up your end of the deal. I know you will.

Just back from visiting the doctor. He thinks it is inflammation from the radiation treatments. He subscribes to my N=1 and has discussed this with those reading scans all day! Maria (spouse) is relieved. How can I lose with the support I am getting!

I am up to 148 lbs.

starting strength coach development program
    Go to Golden Corral and make them ask you to leave.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast