• starting strength seminar august 2024
    6'0", 213#, 45 year old man

Most recent top lifts this week:
    Squat: 300x5x3
    DL: 350x5
    Bench: 245x5x3
    Press: 147.5x5x3
    Chins: BWx10x3

I have developed some significant swelling on my right knee. I noticed it getting increasingly tender to the touch over a week ago. Seemed to be the consequence of running the prowler with my daughter, as that was the only change to my activities other than just getting stronger through SSNLP. So I've stopped doing it. She is 15 and started SSNLP this summer, under my guidance. Her prowler is set at just 50 pounds, with linear progression based on increasing number of lengths and then decreasing rest times. For the past week I've been walking the prowler, in part just to fill the time during her rest periods. But I am not running it anymore.

Still the swelling is getting worse. Not adversely affecting anything yet, but it has me concerned. It is directly on top of the patella, about halfway down the knee cap. It is not evident anywhere else.

Questions: 1) If not the prowler, could something else I am doing be the cause of, or at least be exacerbating, this issue -- and what might that be? 2) What is best way to treat my knee to get swelling and tenderness to subside and then to avoid recurrence in the future?

Since we don't know what is wrong with your knee, and there's no reason anything should be wrong with your knee, maybe you need to get it looked at.

Swelling and tenderness in right patella 99% reduced. Will keep low impact on the prowler until it is 100% gone and then, eventually, try to slowly scale it back up and see if I can avoid a recurrence.