starting strength gym

Thread: Stem Cell Therapy

Default Stem Cell Therapy

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Has anyone had success using Stem Cell Therapy to treat arthritis? I have arthritis in my right shoulder.

Are you talking about the bogus stem cell therapy being offered by some chiropractors? I don't think there is any FDA approved stem cell therapy for arthritis.

I would not go to a Chiropractor for anything.

Lot's of "Stem Cell Clinics" out there. Just curious if someone has had a positive experience with the procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by Anhtony View Post
    I would not go to a Chiropractor for anything.

Lot's of "Stem Cell Clinics" out there. Just curious if someone has had a positive experience with the procedure.
    FDA approval (contrary to popular belief, many ineffective therapies obtain FDA approval and many effective therapies never go through the approval process or make it to market) aside, there are many issues with these treatments and you should only consider it if you have a strong medical and scientific background, plus are willing to thoroughly research a substantial amount of publicly available and non-public information.

First and foremost, there is no standardization; The exact product from each clinic will be different and or applied in a different way.

Be skeptical. There are probably some uses for PRP etc., but so far it looks like most of this stuff is expensive placebo.

That being said, placebos are often very effective for pain, and expensive placebos work better than cheap placebos.

Aside from the cost, there is also risk of complication, so do your research on the specific procedure recommended as well as the track record of the clinic you are working with. Results may be different for arthritis vs tendinitis and for knee vs elbow, and so on, so you really should do some homework before you shell out cash and lie down for an injection.

Here’s a decent article to start: Elite Hospitals Plunge Into Unproven Stem Cell Treatments | Kaiser Health News

The best thing that happened to my shoulders was dry needling.

Quote Originally Posted by David Sanders View Post
    The best thing that happened to my shoulders was dry needling.
    The natural inflammatory process is the most powerful way to heal injuries that mankind has ever known.

starting strength coach development program
    Seems to be an uptick in articles recently! Here’s another decent look at the state of this field:

Unproven but Profitable: The Boom in US Stem Cell Clinics | Stem Cell Transplantation | JAMA | JAMA Network