starting strength gym

Thread: Achilles Tendonitis

Default Achilles Tendonitis

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    My leg has been hurting for over a month now and I continued to squat 225 lbs. 3x5, but finally decided to get it checked out. I was diagnosed with Achilles Tendonitis and can't squat or deadlift or any other lower body exercise for about a month until it heals. Great, I'm gonna be a chicken leg after I get back. What alternative leg work can I do for quads and hammies? I'm gonna continue to work my upper body though.

Quote Originally Posted by Brody_G View Post
    My leg has been hurting for over a month now and I continued to squat 225 lbs. 3x5, but finally decided to get it checked out. I was diagnosed with Achilles Tendonitis and can't squat or deadlift or any other lower body exercise for about a month until it heals. Great, I'm gonna be a chicken leg after I get back. What alternative leg work can I do for quads and hammies? I'm gonna continue to work my upper body though.
    Okay. Who diagnosed you with Achilles tendinitis? This is not the general recommendation for treatment of Achilles tendinitis. If I were a betting man, I would say you were diagnosed by a General Practitioner / Family Medicine Physician / PA / Nurse Practitioner....

Yes, Will. Resting tendonitis is a wonderful way to keep your tendonitis.