starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Inflexible hamstrings due to herniated disk

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I herniated my L3 disc 3 years ago. My hamstrings and hips were always very tight afterwards. I squatted and deadlifted and no doubt my back got stronger but I had mobility regression. My disc would bulge causing constant discomfort. Not from lifting but just everyday work. Long story short I tried some yoga poses starting a month ago. I thought it was a joke but I tried it anyway. My flexibility is great, less back discomfort, faster recovery, and lifting is a lot more fun again. I'm not saying it will even work but it's worth a shot.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by deets2000 View Post
    I herniated my L3 disc 3 years ago. My hamstrings and hips were always very tight afterwards. I squatted and deadlifted and no doubt my back got stronger but I had mobility regression. My disc would bulge causing constant discomfort. Not from lifting but just everyday work. Long story short I tried some yoga poses starting a month ago. I thought it was a joke but I tried it anyway. My flexibility is great, less back discomfort, faster recovery, and lifting is a lot more fun again. I'm not saying it will even work but it's worth a shot.
    I'm certainly glad you had such a positive outcome. I would, however, like for you to go back and think through what actually caused the improvement. This is not me taking a cheap shot at you, but I do believe there is a lot of value into critically analyzing what happened, what you did about it, and what was the most likely cause of the improvement.

First and foremost, what about herniating your L3 disc do you believe caused an actual muscle length problem in your hamstrings?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234