starting strength gym

Thread: neck/nerve impingement

Default neck/nerve impingement

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Wondering if I will be able to train through some nerve impingement I have recently experienced around facet joint area of neck. Old motorcycle injury...recently flared up in this way ...I think doing some heavy lifting around yard and then dead lifting the next day. I am worried this nerve impingement will not heal....I am up here in Canada and hoping I do not have to get neck fused.....takes forever to get in for procedure too! Any thoughts much appreciated....

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Cashmore View Post
    Wondering if I will be able to train through some nerve impingement I have recently experienced around facet joint area of neck. Old motorcycle injury...recently flared up in this way ...I think doing some heavy lifting around yard and then dead lifting the next day. I am worried this nerve impingement will not heal....I am up here in Canada and hoping I do not have to get neck fused.....takes forever to get in for procedure too! Any thoughts much appreciated....

Thank you
    If you have numbness or weakness in focal areas (usually would be upper extremity) or if you have sudden onset of any weakness or numbness, get it looked at.

If it’s just sore or painful, you can train through it using the pain as a sort of barometer. There is a lot of info around here on how to train through a tweak.

Thank you...