Reoccurring tendinitis in shoulder when benching Reoccurring tendinitis in shoulder when benching - Page 2

starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reoccurring tendinitis in shoulder when benching

Default Rehab faster than expected. THANKS!!!

• phoenix arizona seminar date
    • texas seminar date
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Morris View Post
    You are certainly welcome, sir. Please keep us updated with your progress.
    Hey Will. Following your advice paid off big time. Today I benched 60kg for the first time since the injury, and I was feeling okay, so I figured I'll update with a video benching 65. Feeling embarrassed posting such a light lift I put 70kg on the bar...

That felt lighter than I expected, so I surprised myself with the following set of 80kg. On the fourth rep I was getting shaky, so I just put the bar down.

I was beginning to lose hope of recovering until I got your advice. Thanks so much. Any more tips would be greatly appreciated. All the best

Quote Originally Posted by Yonason Herschlag View Post
    Hey Will. Following your advice paid off big time. Today I benched 60kg for the first time since the injury, and I was feeling okay, so I figured I'll update with a video benching 65. Feeling embarrassed posting such a light lift I put 70kg on the bar...

That felt lighter than I expected, so I surprised myself with the following set of 80kg. On the fourth rep I was getting shaky, so I just put the bar down.

I was beginning to lose hope of recovering until I got your advice. Thanks so much. Any more tips would be greatly appreciated. All the best
    Yonason, those look 1,000x better. Fantastic work. Only big thing I see here is your bench is too tall for you. You may need to think about placing a bumper plate on the ground beside both sides of the bench and place your feet on them. That will artificially shorten the bench and give you more ability to drive with your legs.

starting strength nutrition camp
    Yonason, those look 1,000x better. Fantastic work. Only big thing I see here is your bench is too tall for you. You may need to think about placing a bumper plate on the ground beside both sides of the bench and place your feet on them. That will artificially shorten the bench and give you more ability to drive with your legs.
    Quite a sharp eye you have there Will! I just measured the height of my bench; 19.5 inches, with the top 1.7 inches being of foam. And I see that Mark Rippetoe designed his bench to be 17 inches.

How much do you think putting bumper plates under my feet can help? (how much more can I expect to lift with that boost?) (and does the current height have any effect on the lack of stability in my lift that aggravates the tendinitis?)

"Only big thing I see here is your bench is too tall for you."
    And the little things?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12