starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help for me sacrum.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Will, do you think pressure on the sciatic nerve from a disc can show up as perceived SI joint problems?

Quote Originally Posted by A Large Hand View Post
    Will, do you think pressure on the sciatic nerve from a disc can show up as perceived SI joint problems?
    A Large Hand, this is a tricky question. Maybe I can answer it this way; I 100% think that a patient / client could have sciatic nerve pain and mistakenly attribute that to SI joint problems. With a competent physical exam, it is highly unlikely that a good clinician would mistake a sciatic nerve impingement with a sacroiliac joint pain origin. The physical exam tests for SI joint pain are completely different than the test cluster for discogenic radicular pain. It is also entirely possible that the “SI Joint” pain people report or have been diagnosed with is actually gluteus Maximus pain.

Thanks Will, just something I had been pondering.

Hi, mates !!

I like that my post serves to dispel other people's doubts. Certainly backaches can sometimes be confusing. Haha.

Well, I update my situation ...

Today (in minutes) I will return to training. 13 days of rest (I could have returned before, but some problems in my house delayed me), I had almost forgotten my problem until yesterday it started to rain and I noticed some stiffness in the affected area of my back, is the damn humidity . When I am standing I feel excellent, the problem is that after a few minutes sitting I begin to feel that area uncomfortable, until I stop again. I have not been able to see a doctor yet, but my plan for the moment is gentle training, working on the technique, stretching gently (although I am not a "mobility" taliban, I did have them forgotten) and the spinals that Rippetoe recommends for "activate" the lower back. After that, I will see how I feel. THANK YOU FOR READING !!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernLifter View Post
    Hi, mates !!

I like that my post serves to dispel other people's doubts. Certainly backaches can sometimes be confusing. Haha.

Well, I update my situation ...

Today (in minutes) I will return to training. 13 days of rest (I could have returned before, but some problems in my house delayed me), I had almost forgotten my problem until yesterday it started to rain and I noticed some stiffness in the affected area of my back, is the damn humidity . When I am standing I feel excellent, the problem is that after a few minutes sitting I begin to feel that area uncomfortable, until I stop again. I have not been able to see a doctor yet, but my plan for the moment is gentle training, working on the technique, stretching gently (although I am not a "mobility" taliban, I did have them forgotten) and the spinals that Rippetoe recommends for "activate" the lower back. After that, I will see how I feel. THANK YOU FOR READING !!
    Pain / discomfort with stationary positioning, especially sitting, is a hallmark symptom of symptomatic degenerative disc disease / facet joint arthrosis. The gold standard for treatment for these conditions when symptomology is minor is regular moderate to high intensity resistance training and regular moderate to high intensity aerobic training. The worst thing to do for this is to reduce activity.

Thanks, Will.

Well, last Wednesday's training I realized the seriousness of my problem. Simply warming up in squats I already began to notice that the discomfort persisted and that I was not fit to do squats and deadlift. I got to do 5 repetitions with 65 kg with a lot of effort, I ended up with a significant pain in the lower back (although not like the day of deadlift, where it had been directly "locked"). In the bench press I had no problem, there the back pain is as if it did not exist (although it was difficult for me to load the bar with the discs). I repeated the previous protocol: A couple of anti-inflammatories and try not to bend over. On Saturday I returned to the point of last week: That is, I feel that there is "something" but no pain (if I use the iliac sacral lever, that's when the area starts to hurt), this took me 3 days of not being able to bend over . It is clear that I have to see a doctor, because this is not something to cure him or herself. Meanwhile, I will continue with the bench press, which does not make me feel any pain in my back. Thank you for reading.

starting strength coach development program
    Well, all these weeks I've been training with machine legs (only the first week), then I started doing front squats (a couple of weeks), which didn't make my back hurt; Also along with this I performed RDL controlling the movement (and with good sensations in the back). And in the last week I went back to the back squats (which I could not do even with the empty bar, because of the pressure that this exerted on my sacrum), with very little load (65 kg) and the back felt good. It also helped me recover from sleeping on a harder mattress (I still feel some discomfort after lying down or sitting on a soft surface). Today I will incorporate deadweight, I will start with 60 kg and I hope I don't have any discomfort. I think I recovered my way. If I can't do DLs, it will be a matter of taking money out of my wallet and visiting a sports doctor, but I think everything will be fine. Regards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12