starting strength gym

Thread: Clinician Guidance

Default Clinician Guidance

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Will,

Do you or any of the other Starting Strength associated clinicians provide resources for clinician education? Like seminars or CE courses? I feel I have seen something from you before but cannot find it now.

If you do not what are some recommendations for developing therapists to improve outpatient orthopedic assessment and treatment?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I just really appreciate reading your comments and figured since you were the moderator here you would be able to address this thread appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by dwade View Post
    Will,

Do you or any of the other Starting Strength associated clinicians provide resources for clinician education? Like seminars or CE courses? I feel I have seen something from you before but cannot find it now.

If you do not what are some recommendations for developing therapists to improve outpatient orthopedic assessment and treatment?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I just really appreciate reading your comments and figured since you were the moderator here you would be able to address this thread appropriately.
    I guess it depends on the specialty. Are you a Physical Therapist?

Yes I am a Physical Therapist in outpatient orthopedics for a hospital system. I have recently become certified in MDT which has been helpful but incomplete.

It's always good to see other PTs on this board. As far as continuing education course, it doesn't count as CEUs, but I have never attended anything that has impacted my clinical practice patterns like the full Starting Strength seminar. That is a great place to start. After that, I think it is relatively safe in saying that the Nutrition and Rehabilitation Clinic we had in Wichita Falls earlier this month was very successful. We didn't have any clinicians in the audience, but we had a lot of coaches and their feedback is resoundingly positive about what they learned during the weekend.

I figured those would be some of the starting recommendations. I know I need to get to a seminar. I have been saying that for years, but honestly I'm cheap (and broke due to student loans). I have no other excuse. Do you know if any seminars are planned to be coming to the midwest? I live in WI. I think the Nutrition and Rehabilitation Clinic is what I must have seen. Are there going to be more of these?