starting strength gym

Thread: Left Hip Pain while deadlifting X-ray review

Default Left Hip Pain while deadlifting X-ray review

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hip pain is preventing progress on my squats and deadlifts. I was wondering If you would take a look at my x-rays, thank's Rip! Don't really trust the orthos opinion on this one as he suggested to not squat below parallel lol. Left hip hurts deep and posterior on what feels like the femoral head during the bottom 3 inches of the deadlift. Same pain, but anterior with the squat, also more shallow on what feels like my iliopsoas. I've read the books and have been to a seminar so I think my form is okay. I have been doing 2 sets across for squats due to pain. Also a shoulder injury has prevented further progress with the bench and press. Need an MRI, but I don't have the funds. Ortho suspects a torn labrum. Used to train like an Idiot before I read your books, also used to bench with flared elbows, got my bench up to 375 before my right shoulder got mad at me.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

30 year old male.
    height 6'1''
    Current weight- 175... I need to gain weight
    current lifts
    Squat 2x5 250 2x5
    Deadlift 1x5 295 1x5
    Press 1x5 135- more than 1 set causes too much inflammation
    Bench 2x5 210

Last August, before my hip started to hurt, and before my shoulder got worse.
    weight 195
    height 6'1''
    Squat 345 3x5
    Deadlift 385 1x5
    Press 180 3x5
    Bench 295 3x5
    Attached Images Attached Images

After a Google search it seems that I have cam-type femoroacetabular impingement. Anybody deal with this?

Cam-type FAI requires modification to your squat technique. I’d certainly recommend hiring a coach who has experience with training a lifter with FAI.