starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not really an injury but stiff and sore all the time

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Nokian / Gbraddock : Statin-Induced Myopathy IS NOT the same as statin-induced myalgia.

Mbdonner: Creatine "may" provide a protective effect from some of the issues associated with statin use. May be worth a try if you were so inclined and had no other reason not to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    As I said, waste some money and then find out what the problem actually is. I gave evidence that there is insufficient evidence that it works and there are many clinical studies that say the same thing.

You don't know it works for you, but you made that assumption without considering other possibilities too numerous to mention. Do a double blind study on yourself where you don't know if you have a placebo, or the real thing, then report back.
    Already did. No worries man.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Morris View Post
    Nokian / Gbraddock : Statin-Induced Myopathy IS NOT the same as statin-induced myalgia.

Mbdonner: Creatine "may" provide a protective effect from some of the issues associated with statin use. May be worth a try if you were so inclined and had no other reason not to take it.
    Will- So I’m clear...if a statin patient says to you “I’m not really injured, just stiff and sore all the time” you wouldn’t consider that potential side effect of myalgia from statin use? That’s the whole reason I mentioned TRYING CoQ10 given how well it worked for me. I am NOT some fruitcake nutraceutical type guy by any stretch either. I just know what it did for ME and suggested OP consider it.

GBraddock, I was just pointing to the difference between myalgia (muscle pain) and statin-induced myopathy which is a pathological destruction of muscle tissue as a result of the statin.

Peer Reviewed studies looking at Statin-Induced Myopathy is going to be of almost no benefit to the OP because he is not suffering from SI Myopathy.

Just making sure all parties understand these are two entirely different issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Morris View Post
    GBraddock, I was just pointing to the difference between myalgia (muscle pain) and statin-induced myopathy which is a pathological destruction of muscle tissue as a result of the statin.

Peer Reviewed studies looking at Statin-Induced Myopathy is going to be of almost no benefit to the OP because he is not suffering from SI Myopathy.

Just making sure all parties understand these are two entirely different issues.
    Yeah 10-4. I’m clear on it. If dude said his piss looked like Pepsi cola I would be thinking a lot differently for sure.

Appreciate your knowledge and willingness to come on and provide it for our consumption. As a soon to be 46 yr old, I’ll def wanna seek your opinion from time to time. Every now and then, I like to throw out some suggestions (mostly anecdotal that worked for me) in an effort to help others.

Quote Originally Posted by Gbraddock View Post
    Yeah 10-4. I’m clear on it. If dude said his piss looked like Pepsi cola I would be thinking a lot differently for sure.

Appreciate your knowledge and willingness to come on and provide it for our consumption. As a soon to be 46 yr old, I’ll def wanna seek your opinion from time to time. Every now and then, I like to throw out some suggestions (mostly anecdotal that worked for me) in an effort to help others.
    I certainly appreciate your intentions here. I have no problems with anecdotal evidence. The literature is always 20 years behind anecdote anyways. I simply wanted to make sure if there is a disagreement about an issue that we at least make sure we are talking about the same thing.

Quick Update: Since I posted about two weeks ago, I have started taking CoQ10. Tuesday was a heavy day, going up 5lbs on the DL and Squats. About 12 days between doing DL. Not sore, not wiped out. Maybe the CoQ10, maybe the time extension between DL days, maybe both. Otherwise, everything else is the same, with sleep and diet dialed in.

Quote Originally Posted by mbdonner View Post
    Quick Update: Since I posted about two weeks ago, I have started taking CoQ10. Tuesday was a heavy day, going up 5lbs on the DL and Squats. About 12 days between doing DL. Not sore, not wiped out. Maybe the CoQ10, maybe the time extension between DL days, maybe both. Otherwise, everything else is the same, with sleep and diet dialed in.
    Happy to hear that man! Keep us updated.

So I think I have had a pretty good trial. Had a squat volume day on Monday (2 sets of 5) and Press. Legs would typically be pretty sore and stiff by this morning. Not feeling it. Slight twinges, but nothing like before. I don’t know exactly the relationship between the statins and the CoQ10 but adding the latter is the only thing that changed.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by mbdonner View Post
    So I think I have had a pretty good trial. Had a squat volume day on Monday (2 sets of 5) and Press. Legs would typically be pretty sore and stiff by this morning. Not feeling it. Slight twinges, but nothing like before. I don’t know exactly the relationship between the statins and the CoQ10 but adding the latter is the only thing that changed.
    Super happy for ya man! Keep grinding

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123