starting strength gym

Thread: Right Upper Back Pain ( again )

Post Right Upper Back Pain ( again )

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello everyone. I've been dealing with an issue for some time. One month or more before, the day after a normal training ( squats, deadlifts and bench press ), I woke up and i realized I was feeling a weird pain in my upper back, on the right side when breathing heavily or when i turned to the opposite side. No discomfort whatsoever when training. Now I could say it's better, but I still feel a small discomfort when doing what I said above. So, whatever it is, it hasn't completely healed.
    Any advice?
    I'm opening a second thread cause in the first I didn't get any answer.
    Thanks !

Weird pain....
    No pain with training....
    It’s better....
    A small discomfort.....

There is nothing to see here. Who knows what is causing it? There’s likely no particular diagnosis that would be of any expected accuracy. Pain is far more complex than just being a result of injured tissue. The fact that you can say all these things says that it isn’t serious and, if it were me, I’d ignore it and just train. If you came into my clinic, I’d very likely tell you the same, after I did a thorough physical exam and confirmed it wasn’t anything I could diagnose.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Morris View Post
    Weird pain....
    No pain with training....
    It’s better....
    A small discomfort.....

There is nothing to see here. Who knows what is causing it? There’s likely no particular diagnosis that would be of any expected accuracy. Pain is far more complex than just being a result of injured tissue. The fact that you can say all these things says that it isn’t serious and, if it were me, I’d ignore it and just train. If you came into my clinic, I’d very likely tell you the same, after I did a thorough physical exam and confirmed it wasn’t anything I could diagnose.
    Update : I noticed something weird. For a week i didn't feel it, but now it came back.
    The think is that this period I am not training cause of studying.
    Could it be a pinched nerve ?
    Thanks again.

One of the benefits of training is learning that little things like this are nothing to worry about. Aches and pains come and go, your body will adapt and you’ll become a tougher individual both mentally and physically.

Quote Originally Posted by GiannisKa View Post
    Could it be a pinched nerve ?
    Probably not. Again, I will just have to repeat my last post. It may not be what you were expecting to hear, but nothing about your new post causes me to drastically rethink what I told you previously. You do seem to be very much preoccupied with your own somatosensory experience, and this is likely not helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    One of the benefits of training is learning that little things like this are nothing to worry about. Aches and pains come and go, your body will adapt and you’ll become a tougher individual both mentally and physically.
    I'll have this on my mind from now on.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Morris View Post
    Probably not. Again, I will just have to repeat my last post. It may not be what you were expecting to hear, but nothing about your new post causes me to drastically rethink what I told you previously. You do seem to be very much preoccupied with your own somatosensory experience, and this is likely not helpful.
    Alright. Thank you !