Sciatica and Foot Problems Sciatica and Foot Problems - Page 2

starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sciatica and Foot Problems

• wichita falls texas march seminar date
    • woodmere new york april seminar date
    Will,

I had some free time this afternoon, so I dropped into that PT place by me and they had an opening (and a squat rack). I told them what was going on and they did a bunch of things to check on my lower back. No problems there.

I had them all a little stumped, but one of the head PT guys came over and gently rubbed a spot about an inch below the medial side of my malleolus. It was tender as hell and I felt a sharp jolt from that spot up into my big toe.

The jolt didnít cause pain to wrap around to the lateral side like Iíd felt before, but at one point he did move my foot in a way that made the lateral side of my lower leg feel like an extremely deep stretch. It felt great and then a bunch of those muscles started spasming lightly. He mentioned a possible tarsal tunnel impingement, and then he did some sort of manipulation with my foot that made a pretty significant pop in the bottom middle of the arch. It felt great.

They gave me a bunch of stretches to do, which is fine. They feel great. I trust your judgment, though, and wanted to know your thoughts on this ďdiagnosis,Ē and whether you might alter any treatment protocol and/or anything I need to do in the future to help prevent this from happening? Arch supports? Modify how I lift? Just do the damn stretches? Iím open to your suggestions and advice and I really appreciate your time.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Morris View Post
    Will you humor me and try place the Superfeet green into your lifting shoes and trying it with those in there and tell me if there is any noticeable difference?
    Yes, sir! I have Do-Winís. Iíll give it a shot as soon as possible. I havenít gotten a chance to visit Pete yet, but if youíre cool with it, Iíll be more than happy to squat with the arch supports.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12