starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can I train with a pinched nerve?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    awesome, thank you so much for the tips Nick. I started creating my program just by looking at videos and taking notes so my knowledge is very limited, I've finally started listening to Rip's book so hopefully I will increase my knowledge a lot in the future but you have been wonderful at helping me out here with this problem. Thanks again brother!

You're welcome and good luck!

Hey Nick,

Last question if you don't mind. My pull-ups are 100% now, no shifts between arms at all. I have a home gym and can do all the lifts, back squats included. I still feel some type of numbness in my arm, it is very low, I'd say maybe 5% numbness, but it hasn't really improved in a while. I'm starting to think this may be permanent and if it stays this way I'd be fine with it, it's something that doesn't really affect mobility and isn't painful and I have sensation in my arm which is what matters. Having said that, I'm just really worried if I can go 100% back into training, obviously I'd start slow and grow back up as you mentioned in your first reply but I've gone thru all sorts of pains before, knee pain, back pain, wrist, elbow and shoulder pain, but this one is something I don't want to ever have to deal with again. it was really bad and put me on the sideline for two months even for activities outside the gym, something as simple as walking would hurt the arm. from my research into this, I think I messed up my C6 nerve. Have you ever gone through this or know someone who has? Is a little bit of numbness something to be concerned about? Aside from the very little numbness I'm at 100%. I'll keep an eye out for the numbness to see if it increases, but just wanted to get some feedback from people who knows more about this as I'm ignorant on the subject.

nevermind on the last question for anyone who's reading, I'm back training at 100% and my numbers are already at what they were before for all my lifts. I think the numbness sensation I think I feel on my left arm may be some type of mental trauma, it's like it's there but not really... kinda weird to explain. But anyone out there who's going through this, don't worry, you'll get better and back to training at 100%!

This is great news, and I'm glad you are back at it!

Thanks brother!

starting strength coach development program
    Glad I stumbled on this old thread. Having the same issue myself for the last few days. Pain in upper back and what I'd call pretty bad pain in shoulder and especially tricep area. I found I could bench without pain if I lifted my head off the bench and tucked my chin. If I put my head on the bench the pain was too great. But it ended up not mattering because my right shoulder is very weak and my left tricep is barely firing at all. I literally could not bench press a 30 pound dumbbell with my right arm yesterday. The pain *seems* to be slowly getting less so hopefully I'm headed for a fairly quick recovery. We'll see.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12