starting strength gym

Thread: Iliacus / Iliopsoas Tear

Default Iliacus / Iliopsoas Tear

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I was injured about three months ago in the squat exercise on the right side of the pelvis.
    Since then, the exercises that have hurt me are:

- Parallel breaking in squat (Body Weight)
    - Lunges/Bulgarian Split Squat (Both when the injured leg is behind)/ Step Ups etc.
    - Bench Press Leg Drive or even the general set up that includes Heels behind the knee line to create the Arch.
    - Butterfly sitting (External rotation of the pelvis)
    -Etc.

All the pains up relatively passed over time, I invested a lot in blood flow and pelvic mobility. The only exercise that still hurts me to perform at a cruel level is Cossack Squat in the transition between the injures leg to the non-injured leg (without the help of hands), this second I supposedly do a “squat” on one leg is brutal.

YouTube

I have attached my link doing squat without weight from today, you can clearly see the difference between the left and right (injured) side.
    I have always had this imbalance, a shame I had to get an injury to take care of it.

Does it happend to anyone ?Does anyone think he knows what this is about?Guess?Know what to do in a situation like this in terms of Treatment and Exercises to correct the imbalance?

I guess and believe it happened due to pelvic imbalance (SIJ anterior rotation) / leg length imbalance / hip shift or something like that.

Hey Elad,

Small asymmetries like the one you are demonstrating in the BW squat are normal. This is not a muscle imbalance that you need to fix. Just start squatting with a barbell again. I'm sure the pain related to the side lunge will pass with time too.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for your answer, Just started to squat again with a barbell, following Starting Strength program for the squat.

You're welcome man! Taking it slow initially coming back but I've got a good feeling this will most likely sort itself out over the next few weeks of training