starting strength gym

Thread: Supraspinatus, not proximal biceps, tendinopathy

Default Supraspinatus, not proximal biceps, tendinopathy

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I was able to get to my acupuncturist as my shoulder pain was better, but still pretty bad. Sleep was rough. He was able to determine because when he pulled my flexed arm it didn't hurt that it was not the bicep but the supraspinatus.

The Horn Squat Stretch has helped a lot (although I want to puke from the discomfort), and I am doing Y pulls using a resistance band as recommended by Alan Thrall as warmups. I'm able to get under the bar and was able to do squats yesterday, although I can’t tolerate much more than about 1/2 the weight on the bar I could handle a week ago.

I would really appreciate any rehabilitation tips or thoughts.

Thanks

For proximal bicep tendinopathy, it often does not hurt when you flex the bicep, so that is not a valid way to determine whats going on. Why your shoulder hurts is more complicated than the relevant anatomy and most likely is involving more than one anatomical part. The good news is what structure it is, in this case, doesn't change the course of rehab much. You can use the same general program progression I outlined in the previous thread and apply it to just press and/or bench also (the exercises most irritating to your shoulder). It is going to take a while, but it will most likely go away.