starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New squat pain

Default New squat pain

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I was warming up a set of 5 @ 95#. Had a semi sharp pain that felt like it was in my knee cap. I was able to still finish but depending on the preasure I put on that leg, the pain is there.

I would think I could still squat with the pain, because it goes away under heavy load. Ill know tomorrow. It is definitely affecting me going up and down stairs.

Not really much to manage, just wondering what I could have possibly done.

I would need a lot more information to figure that out. How are you feeling now?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick D'Agostino View Post
    I would need a lot more information to figure that out. How are you feeling now?
    It was a pain directly in the middle of my knee cap. I would assume it was behind it but it felt inside the cap. Im better now. It really only hurt going up and down stairs. I stopped squats for a week and then started back and Im all good now.

That's great man! A lot of these smaller tweaks work themselves out pretty quickly and don't need a specific intervention.

That's great man! A lot of these smaller tweaks work themselves out pretty quickly and don't need a specific intervention.
    Must be a nightmare trying to help with people on the internet. I need to refrain from posting more often than not.

It's not my favorite medium for communication, but I wouldn't call it a nightmare lol It still feels good when you feel like you have helped somebody. The key is trying to avoid time consuming and useless interactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Spicka View Post
    It was a pain directly in the middle of my knee cap. I would assume it was behind it but it felt inside the cap. Im better now. It really only hurt going up and down stairs. I stopped squats for a week and then started back and Im all good now.
    I have this sort of pain on occasion; I've figured out that i can fix it by massaging the area around the kneecap. If that's muscle, then I guess trigger points; if it's tendon, then I don't know what I'm doing, but it seems to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dust Devil View Post
    I have this sort of pain on occasion; I've figured out that i can fix it by massaging the area around the kneecap. If that's muscle, then I guess trigger points; if it's tendon, then I don't know what I'm doing, but it seems to work.
    Thanks, it went away on it's own. Let's hope their isnt a next time.

Don't hope that there isn't the next time. You will be disappointed. Instead, know that you have an initial strategy that worked this time that you can use next time. That strategy is not panicking and giving the issue some time to work itself out. Know that there is a good chance that when something new emerges that you will be ok

starting strength coach development program
    Don't hope that there isn't the next time. You will be disappointed. Instead, know that you have an initial strategy that worked this time that you can use next time. That strategy is not panicking and giving the issue some time to work itself out. Know that there is a good chance that when something new emerges that you will be ok
    I wont disagree with that summation. Ive been hurting myself since was about 10, in one extreem sport after another. On a scale of 1 to 10 this was a .5.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast