starting strength gym

Thread: Prolotherapy question

Default Prolotherapy question

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I have a question for the group. I have a sprain/ tear in my ligaments that attach to my tuberosity off my left iliac crest, by my SI joint, or so we believe. It’s so localized that I can put my thumb on it. I saw a nonsurgical orthopedic and we did a cortisone shot that didn’t help at all. We did an MRI and all of the spacing in between the vertebrae and the SI joint looked good and they didn’t see any sign of swelling. The pain is during an activity that produces some torsion and will cause some sharp, stabbing pain in my sacrament as well. This really is the long story short....... now the doc is saying we can try prolotherpay shots to see if that helps. I haven’t found much data to support this either way. I have gone back to my starting strength coach to help cure some of the slop in my squat. It doesn’t hurt at all during deadlifts. Thoughts from anyone on this therapy? Thank you in advance.

If it helps you, i can give the last couple year background of my health history that I personally think led up to this. I just didn’t bore you.....

Apparently it is considered a "complementary and alternative" treatment, in other words not scientifically proven with double blind clinical trials.