starting strength gym

Thread: Mystery Pain: back and pelvic floor

Default Mystery Pain: back and pelvic floor

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I have a chronic pain deep in the lower back on one side, that feels so deep it goes all the way down to my pelvic floor on the same side. Sometimes referred pain into the testicle. Happens whether I lift or not, whether I stretch or not. Golfing or not, doesn't matter. Pain both before and after my recent vasectomy. Deadlifting provides temporary relief, maybe because of increased blood flow? I feel best after a workout. Manual labor like drywalling seems to make it worse, though I'm not convinced sedentary work is that much better. No idea what to do... is this what a hernia feels like? Thanks.

Have you talked to your doctor about this? If not that is going to be the proper person to contact.

Indeed. Planning on bringing it up in my upcoming physical. Wanted to see what the SS community thought... didn't think it urgent because it feels like muscular tightness.

Not a doctor but my son suffered from testicular torsion which presented pain in the same way. Not a good situation. Get it checked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brophy View Post
    Not a doctor but my son suffered from testicular torsion which presented pain in the same way. Not a good situation. Get it checked out.
    Testicular torsion is an immediate medical emergency. Surgery is necessary in the immediate term. The fact that he reports chronic pain would essentially rule out testicular torsion as a cause.

A friend of mine said his symptoms of testicular cancer were similar. Freaks me out whenever I feel an ache.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Morris View Post
    Testicular torsion is an immediate medical emergency. Surgery is necessary in the immediate term. The fact that he reports chronic pain would essentially rule out testicular torsion as a cause.
    I'll give you my experience from dealing with my son. At its worst the torsion would cause severe pain for short periods of time, an hour maybe two, but then it would unwind or at least loosen, which would then leave lingering chronic type pain for weeks. We had to go through 6 ER visits to catch what was actually happening in an MRI. When it was caught the local ER helicoptered him to Philly Childrens Hospital. By the time he arrived it had reduced again. Head physician said this was fairly common. Kept him overnight. In the morning they scheduled the corrective surgery out about 2 weeks. Had the surgery, everything has been fine for the 6 years since.

starting strength coach development program
    Went to the doc. Turns out the care of my groin tendon (not sure the exact name) has been very neglected in terms of stretching, and seems very inflamed and tight. Once I started stretching, I could immediately feel that it's the thing that was affecting my pelvic floor and left ball. Got some prescription NSAISs and a new stretching routine. Anybody experience this?