starting strength gym

Thread: Thoughts on roator cuff pain and coraco-acromial ligament removal during subacormal d

Default Thoughts on roator cuff pain and coraco-acromial ligament removal during subacormal d

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey RIP I hurt my shoulder in 2018. I have had pain that has prevented me from training at a level in which I can get stronger. Most of my pain was on the outside tip of my shoulder, superspantus to be exact. After lifting the front of the shoulder would ache. Anywho long story short I have had surgery March 11th 2020 and the results showed a piece of labrum cartlage that was stuck in the socket which was able to be resected out due to it being very small. The long head of the biceps was very inflamed as well, as was the superspantus. I also had subacormal decompression which leads me to my question. I looked up this procedure and saw it was common for the surgeon to remove the coraco-acromial ligament in ordered to be able to shave under the acromion. Could cutting this ligament cause issues suchas dislocation of the ball and socket. I have also pretty much recovered from the surgery but that dang roator cuff pain seems to stay around yet the surgery showed no tears I'm not sure what to make of this. I was jogging and doing presses with 65 pounds 4 weeks post op but my shoulder flared up which I blame the jogging for. So now I have stopped all activites for a week and I am taking 800mg of ibprofen 3x a day. I am 23 and feel I should be recovering at a much faster rate. My strength level maxs are overhead press 230, squat 515, deadlift 605 at a body weight of 235 at 70 inches tall. Mind you this is before surgery and being active was causing pain which is the reason for surgery in first place. Also any ideas on what to do from here thx.

Be more careful with your typing.

Yeah sorry about my typeing, I suck at writing in general. I think im going pound Ibprofen hard and try rehabing with the press while trying not to aggervate it. The surgon said it should be fine and I had no tears that needed to be repaired. I just thought I would be 100 precent by now. I'm also a worrie wart.