starting strength gym

Thread: Chronic lower forearm pain

Default Chronic lower forearm pain

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I have managed to injure myself doing barbell curls. For the past few years I have had chronic lower forearm pain to the point where my hand shakes uncontrollably. Ways I have injured it have been: barbell curls with a traditional grip palms up, doing bear crawls and crab walks for bjj warmups, and swinging a six pound stone hammer all day will aggravate it too.

My wrists are very skinny, but my hands are larger than anyone’s at my mma gym or my friends, to the point where I can wrap my hand around my wrist and my thumb will touch my middle knuckle. I am wondering if it is a grip strength issue, which I am working on through deadlifts in the nlp, but had the same issue when I was deadlifting into the 400s for reps.

Is this common, and does anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Straight bar barbell curls are known to be extremely provocative when someone has pronator teres syndrome. Forearm pain with barbell curls is almost certainly PTS. Will present with forearm pain and neurological symptoms similar to carpal tunnel syndrome.

I’ve had it. It sucks. I got rid of it by not doing barbell curls.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Morris View Post
    Straight bar barbell curls are known to be extremely provocative when someone has pronator teres syndrome. Forearm pain with barbell curls is almost certainly PTS. Will present with forearm pain and neurological symptoms similar to carpal tunnel syndrome.

I’ve had it. It sucks. I got rid of it by not doing barbell curls.
    Thank you Will, that’s an easy enough solution. Appreciate it.