starting strength gym

Thread: Hip Crease

Default Hip Crease

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I just love posting my injury reports here... just when I get rid of all injuries another pops up. Happy to report my should it basically 100%. And my elbow tendon is 98%.

So why not throw another at you... This one I have no clue where it came from and cannot even google what it could possibly be.

I cannot say I injured it because I have no clue about when or how I would have. I was literally scratching myself an noticed the hip crease next to my groin on my left side was tender. So I pushed on the spot and it feels a bit swollen vs my right side. There would be zero pain if I would not have found it while scratching. I pushed on it and massaged it a bit and now it is a bit more tender but still really no real pain. Is it even possible to injure youself and not know it. I can see there is a tendon that runs through the crease but I cannot identify the pain as something I have felt before. Any ideas of at least a direction to look before I decide I need a Dr visit?

I think you should keep training. If you start directing all of your attention to it and amplifying your fear the likelihood of it becoming a problem is high.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick D'Agostino View Post
    I think you should keep training. If you start directing all of your attention to it and amplifying your fear the likelihood of it becoming a problem is high.
    Ya, I wasn't going to stop, unless it actually caused a problem, which it hasn't. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Spicka View Post
    Ya, I wasn't going to stop, unless it actually caused a problem, which it hasn't. Thank you.
    Keep an eye on it. Might be a little inguinal hernia. If it doesn’t get worse, it’s not a problem. If it goes away, it probably wasn’t a hernia. Compression shorts may help it feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    Keep an eye on it. Might be a little inguinal hernia. If it doesn’t get worse, it’s not a problem. If it goes away, it probably wasn’t a hernia. Compression shorts may help it feel better.
    Thank you. It went away.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Spicka View Post
    Thank you. It went away.
    Everything does!