40yr 5'8'' 225pnd
S-550 B-395 D-585 P-255

Started LP 2018. Closed 2019 and the first quarter of 2020 with Texas Method. The past year or so has been a constant battle with bilateral distal bicep tendonitis. I had found a short response by rip on the internet dating back several years about elbow sleeves aggravating tendonitis. I stopped wearing elbow sleeves on the squat and later with OHP and bench with immediate relief on each movement. My last bench session was 325x5x3 followed by a 355 single. Between no longer wearing sleeves and a few adjustments with grip this was the first bench session in a year with ZERO discomfort. Finally, it had seemed that my bench could get some momentum....

2 weeks back, I rolled my tractor mowing my back acreage. Complete displaced fractures of the radius and ulna. Closed. The roll bar landed on my arm and continued to roll over my head, cervical and thoracic spine just beneath my scapula. I was fortunate. Ill take the broken arm. Surgery was successful. Plates and screws on each bone. Alignment very clean. Sutures removed.

How do i move forward? Ive been doing what I can. SSB squats, SSB good mornings, dragging the prowler, makeshift belt squats, hyper extensions, abs, basically anything hands free. The night of post-op, I was SSB squatting and pinching change plates to regain grip strength. I even taped an 18'' socket wrench to the forearm so i could loop bands over it with my hand in pronation dispersing the weight across the mending bones. I researched some on plates/screws in broken tibula and fibula injuries. A few studies stated that those who bear weight on the affected having had no negative effects on the healing process. Im struggling not to begin a 2.5pnd LP with an empty bar on bench and OHP. I figure a load standing is the same as pushing as long as I am not torqueing my forearm. Maybe, start pushing an empty prowler. Bottom line, arguably it makes sense but I fear ego may be the ultimate factor. I simply can not NOT remain physically active. I am a career firefighter and have owned a small general contracting company all of my adult life. Ive laid shingles in a walking cast (broken ankle/leg). Hard headedness has gotten me far in my life but it has also been culprit of poor decisions.

I apologize for the lengthy ramble, but honestly, Starting Strength and the information that Rippetoe has provided both for free and within his books, have changed my life for the better. I without hesitation trust his advise and those whom have studied under him.

Please, any and all information, advise, personal experience would be very much appreciated.

Thank you for your time.