I have been lifting consistently for 4 years. I am one year post op ACL reconstruction via patellar tendon autograft. During this surgery I also had a two meniscus repairs done on the same knee (they did not cut out any cartilage, they stitched it up). I started squatting and deadlifting again approximately 3 months after my knee surgery and have been progressing ever since.

My surgery knee will get noticeably stiffer the days following squats and deadlifts. I will lose about 10-15 degrees of flexion in my knee. I never have any pain while doing the movements and no tendonitis. My non surgical knee has no issues. I am practicing good form with knees out on the squat (I record most of my sets). The stiffness is most noticeable when I have to get down to kneel or go into deep flexion. I recently took 1 week off lifting for a camping trip and the knee stiffness went away completely. When I returned to lifting the stiffness came back the next day. This does not prevent me from doing the lifts or completing daily tasks. However, I would like to find a way to manage this knee stiffness that becomes uncomfortable at times. I work a construction job and need to be able to kneel at work.

I am squatting 3x5 three times a week
Deadlifting 1x5 twice a week
19 years old
180 lbs
5ft 8
Squat 275x5
Deadlift 330x5
Bench 245x5