starting strength gym

Thread: Partial Subscapularis tear rehab

Default Partial Subscapularis tear rehab

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I incurred a minor partial tear to my subscapularis. I saw the surgeon this week and he said no surgery. He gave me ultrasound-guided cortisone shot and set me up for a physical therapy consult.
    I got the tear getting my arm into the low bar squat position. I have be doing the Andy Baker Power Building Workout for the last couple of months and want to get back to it ASAP.

Has anyone been through this and can give me some advice? It hurts really bad and I have been taking Tramadol, Acetametafin, Ibuprofin to get some relief and some sleep. I see the PT on Monday.

Curious as to how he knew it was a tear. Much of the muscle is hidden; was there any bruising? I wonder if some form of the Starr protocol would work.

I had some subscapularis issues years ago. Not a tear, but it was totally misdiagnosed by my ortho and I found the PT rather useless.

I did have bruising the day it happened. It was diagnosed by an MRI.

Much like many other questions on this forum, your best bet would be to hire the services of a coach with experience in training individuals through Orthopaedic conditions. Many, many people have partial or full tears of their rotator cuff muscles and continue to train. Virtually every post-50 year old woman has multiple RTC tears.

Can you give me the names of some coaches with experience training individuals with orthopedic conditions?

starting strength coach development program
    Dr. Nick D’Agostino
    Dr. Rori Alter
    Dr. John Petrizzo
    Dr. Jonathan Sullivan
    Dr. Darin Deaton
    Dr. Liz Zeutschel
    Nick Delgadillo
    Among others.