starting strength gym

Thread: Distal Bicep tendon reattachment post-op training concerns?

Default Distal Bicep tendon reattachment post-op training concerns?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I ruptured my left distal bicep tendon on 8/2/2020. The tendon was surgically reattached on 8/11/2020 using the Arthrex bicep button and tension slide technique. The arm feels great other than some slight difficulty getting the last couple degrees of pronation.

It's been 6 weeks post-op and I'm ready to start lifting again. I was just planning on doing the basic 4 lifts (i don't power clean). Specifically in regards to the repaired tendon, are there things I should be cautious about when restarting my training (e.g., deadlifts).

At 48 years old,, i had the endo button surgery done in January for that same injury. By April I was released to begin pursuing full strength. My arm looked like a creepy old man skinny arm then, after just a couple of sessions of super light (5#) curls the injured arm was almost indistinguishable from the other.

I started with 3# strict, reverse and hammer curls 3x weekly, increasing by 1.5# every 2 weeks. I was able to do other exercises as well to keep fit, push-ups like crazy helped get good extension ROM. By late June I was doing pullups in sets up to 6. It fatigues a little quicker than the other one now, but feels full strength.

Hope this helps!