starting strength gym

Thread: Might have patellar tedonitis?

Default Might have patellar tedonitis?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    For the past few weeks, I've been developing a pain in my left knee. It is chronically a dull pain, but certain activities turn it into a sharp pain. Descending into and ascending from the bottom of a squat is one of them. the pain feels almost like it is right under the kneecap. Does this sound like a patellar tendonitis problem? If so, any ideas on how to address it? I know a layoff won't fix it (and also I just don't want to do a layoff). Based on training partner feedback and my own feel for the movement I believe it is compromising my squat form and causing me to balance more of the load on my right side. It's a little weird it's only in the left knee, but I sprained my left ankle pretty badly in high school and never got it treated. The foot there has always had issues since.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderFun View Post
    For the past few weeks, I've been developing a pain in my left knee. It is chronically a dull pain, but certain activities turn it into a sharp pain. Descending into and ascending from the bottom of a squat is one of them. the pain feels almost like it is right under the kneecap. Does this sound like a patellar tendonitis problem? If so, any ideas on how to address it? I know a layoff won't fix it (and also I just don't want to do a layoff). Based on training partner feedback and my own feel for the movement I believe it is compromising my squat form and causing me to balance more of the load on my right side. It's a little weird it's only in the left knee, but I sprained my left ankle pretty badly in high school and never got it treated. The foot there has always had issues since.

if you get a sharp stabbing pain under the knee cap whenever you bend the knees then its likely to be patellar tendonitis. I suffered from this on both legs for about a year or so ten years ago. I recall bending down to pick up things being very painful.

mine went pretty randomly after a year or so of suffering from it whenever i ran or played sport. it just went after i rested it for 2-3 weeks even though i tried to rest it for the same length of time at a couple of different times over the year or so i suffered from it.

I think I figured out the cause and how to fix it. My knees have been too far back during my squat descent, causing them to only come forward at the very bottom very quickly.